WANT: Nigeria 70 comp on Strut

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited June 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
This one. 3lp compilation. a few years old, just heard it for the first time @ a friends house... Anyone got a copy or a lead? Please to pm! Oh, and:

Comments

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    maybe I'm thinking of the wrong record, but I could have sworn I listened the record they used for the cover photo and it was not funky.

• maybe I'm thinking of the wrong record, but I could have sworn I listened the the record they used for the cover photo and it was not funky.

Yep, Prince Nico Mgarba is not outright funky - BUT, a damn funky photo.

• Options
    Some of the stuff on that LP is easily obtainable with a little work.

K.

• Some of the stuff on that LP is easily obtainable with a little work.

K.

I'll have to take your word on that. However, i think this comp is a very good starting place... and i would like to procure a copy

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    This comp is good, the CD is readily available pretty much anywhere.

Some of the stuff on that LP is easily obtainable with a little work.

K.

Anyone got a Joni Haastrup LP available?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    This comp is good, the CD is readily available pretty much anywhere.

are you sure? Strut went out of business several years ago, hence their catalogue is out of print.

• Options
    Got the lijadu sisters off this comp if anyone wants.

k.

• This comp is good, the CD is readily available pretty much anywhere.

are you sure? Strut went out of business several years ago, hence their catalogue is out of print.

Aser is right - most Strut releases are OOP as f*ck; For instance: the Larry Levan comp they did has been going for silly $$ for some time now.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I have that larry levan on cd, or is it only the vinyl that is in demand. Not that I would sell it, it's just a great mix to have for historical purposes.

it's too bad strut went kaput, they really did a great job compiling stuff. At least we still have counterpoint and soundway.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I know the LPs are impossible to pick up, but I got the CD off Amazon not too long ago so I figured they were still around.

• Last bump - anyone?[/b]

• rockboxrockbox 5 Posts
    I would be more then happy to burn a copy of it for you for trade (if its just the music that you are looking for).

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey I have this on wax. You wnt it?

• Hey I have this on wax. You wnt it?

Thanx Cos, but Strutter / Fryer boarder Francis has already been kind enough to help me out!