My life...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
It's saturday night and instead of being out wilding I'm inside organizing thousands of dancehall MP3s.But the real thing about "my life" is that today I sat on a panel today as a speaker at a conference. It was me, Jazzy Jay, Spooky, and 2 techno DJs. Speaking about being a DJ. Next to Jazzy Jay. I'm just like, whoa. What the hell am I doing up on a panel in front of a gang of people, being asked to give my opinion about shit, sitting right next to Jazzy Jay, and people are looking to us on some "what you say really matters" shit.I don't know, man. I mean, I know I grind. I know it's paid off in ways. But today was just like a real trip to me. Does that make any sense? I'm just finding it a little surreal.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Enjoy the life you've made for yourself. You've worked hard and you've earned it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    But yeah, I'd be tripping the fuck out too.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    did you get drunk like you said you would?
    your tonight sounds like my last night

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Respect due. Even though it might be surreal, I'm glad you're getting the credit. I don't think you have to worry about keeping a level head.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm going to start drinking chelados in about 30 - 45 minutes. But yeah, dude I got like all these Riddim Driven joints on MP3. Crazy dancehall shit.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    you're a charismatic dude man. it's nice to know real headz that are doing their thing are still on this board.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    You worked hard to get to where you're at. Sorry I missed you in Tempe, but work wouldn't let me out of it. You are that dude and when you look back at it all you can say that you did what you wanted to with your life.