Chappelle's Block Party

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
There may have been a post about this since the DVD release butfuckit.I just got out the hospital for some severe flu-type thing. 18 gauge catheter IV in my arm and everything.I peeped Chappelle's Block Party. It wasn't terrible.Pretty much one big headwrap kufi rap festival documentary.Jill Scott seems like a nice lady. Some SERIOUSLY bad performances by the Fugees, Kweli, Mos. Supposedly Pharaoh Monch made an appearance but I didn't notice.Kanye comes off, well, as an arrogant asshole. His remarks on Biggie were a huge "fall back" moment. "Oh yeah, Biggie. I think I remember him. He was alright."BDK and Kool G Rap make cameos. Wyclef drops some knowledge on the kids (or tries to anyway).

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    There may have been a post about this since the DVD release butfuckit.

I just got out the hospital for some severe flu-type thing. 18 gauge catheter IV in my arm and everything.

I peeped Chappelle's Block Party. It wasn't terrible.

Pretty much one big headwrap kufi rap festival documentary.

Jill Scott seems like a nice lady. Some SERIOUSLY bad performances by the Fugees, Kweli, Mos. Supposedly Pharaoh Monch made an appearance but I didn't notice.

Kanye comes off, well, as an arrogant asshole. His remarks on Biggie were a huge "fall back" moment. "Oh yeah, Biggie. I think I remember him. He was alright."

BDK and Kool G Rap make cameos. Wyclef drops some knowledge on the kids (or tries to anyway).
    Yeah, I pretty much cosign that whole post.

The best thing about that DVD was Chappelle's comedy. ROFL type material.

Lauren Hill messing up her lines=

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I thought it was allright. Most of the rappers didnt sound that great but i thought mos def's performances were actually quite good but talib sounded like doo doo on a stick. Theres a few funny bits in it but theres not that much comedy overall. The bit with mos on drums & chappele doing jokes was good. I think its definately worth a watch if u havnt seen it.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i loved this movie. i frankly could've done without almost all the musical shit, but Chappelle was hilarious and the footage with the Ohioans was great as well.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i wonder if originally there was gonna be more concert footage, less other stuff, but then when chappelle was meeting all kinds of crazy people and hilarity ensued, followed by the performances kind of sucking, if they changed their mind and went the direction they finally did

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    This movie is great. Saw it twice in the theatre.

Kanye comes off, well, as an arrogant asshole. His remarks on Biggie were a huge "fall back" moment. "Oh yeah, Biggie. I think I remember him. He was alright."

You missed something important. Watch it again.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    This movie is great. Saw it twice in the theatre.

You missed something important. Watch it again.

sorry I already returned it. maybe this was an inside joke or maybe he was clowing the interviewer. doesn't change Kanye's asshole status in my mind.