Paging K. in Canada

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Do you know the deal with this record? A friend of mine lost touch with members of the band so I told him I'd look into it. I thought if anyone would have a clue it would be you. He knew them in Seattle and thinks they might have moved up to Canada or the UK.It's on Ras Records recorded in '82 in Washington D.C. is

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    They used to play bars around DC on the regular, but I haven lived there since 96, so I can't tell you jack.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    You might want to also start a paging Coffin Joe thread. Or send a PM.

• Options
    You might want to also start a paging Coffin Joe thread. Or send a PM.

Yep. He's be your man. don't recognize any of the names/faces. Bet ya Tim would know what's up.

K.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Yeah Tim would certainly know.....he used to work at the Ras warehouse back in the day. He's moving right now, but I'm sure he'll get back to you once he's settled in.

• They played a friend's graduation party in 1998...I remember them being good, but they were definitely on "hired band" circuit in the late 90s. How's the LP?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    sorry for the delay in response,
    just now getting the internets turned on
    after my relocation

still virginia based, maybe va beach area
    they were playing at some nova wine festival last month
    will holler with more info

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    do they do a reggae version of "strobelight honey"?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Thanks for the info everyone. I'll let my friend know and take it from there.

The album is kind of "eh". It's a little too clean/lovers rock sounding for my taste, but there's a couple decent songs on it.