gracenote question

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I just put one of my mix cds into the computer at work and gracenote knew every artist, song and genre. I had this CD made by a professional CD duplicator, so it wasnt burned from my computer. It was indexed from a single hour long wave, so no track info would have been included on the final disc...I am confused, or is gracenote so deep it knows that I combined parts and two on some 45s, and it knows shit like 1984 Love Machine and Monica? I am constantly amazed and spooked out by gracenote.

Comments

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    you must have given someone a copy along with the tracklisting and whatever player program they used to play your mix went ahead and sent the tracklisting to gracenote (unless the people that burnt the CD for you went ahead and indexed it)... isn't that how it works usually? gracenote doesn't have a brain of it's own... it just matches the times of tracks on a CD and comes up with the best match.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Oh,I didnt even think about that. I didnt know gracenote got its info from users, I was thinking there was a huge database. Well guess there is a huge data base, I just didnt know how the info was submitted. Mystery and spookiness over. Thanks.