CLIPSE FT. PHARRELL -MR. ME TOO (HH hatters sit )

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    BAN

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Dammmmm, it makes the song sound better then it actually is. Dope video, the "crackers" part is the best!

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Welcome to last month.

link

link

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

The video just came out on MTV Jams this week. Song is killing it, hopefully a Clipse album drops in the near future.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    and beat sound horrible,casio beat.

casio beat.

dude
    listen to the little air pops on the snare...casio beat?

dude the kelis - I'm bossy track, now that's a casio beat! (literally has a casio demo as part of the song)

the mr. me too is nothing but pure synth distortion/feedback
    word to the neptunes's engineers, freals

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    It's a song I never felt when it was making the early MP3 rounds but now I must admit it -

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    psssshhh... this song is stoopid ridonkilous retardered...thasss right, I been drankin.

i like when skateboard p is playin with the lil model plane, like "out in aspen, hoppin off the plane both us laughin"

I played this song tonight. actually prolly a lotta people played this song tonight worldwide. and the cobra snake bit me...

• ericeric 155 Posts
    casio beat.

dude

dude the kelis - I'm bossy track, now that's a casio beat! (literally has a casio demo as part of the song)

the mr. me too is nothing but pure synth distortion/feedback
    word to the neptunes's engineers, freals

You are probably right.
    Let's just say it doesn't fit my definition of

peace

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Not bad, but the Clipse has been better on the mic & I could do without Pharrell

• Rix22Rix22 67 Posts
    Did anyone else notice that "Mr. Me Too" and Ray Cash's "Bumpin' My Music" both have the same drum breakdown that Ice T used for "6 N Tha Mornin'"?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    casio beat.

dude

the mr. me too is nothing but pure slowed down early 90s rave samples
    word to the Belgians, freals

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    This beat and this song are ridiculous. People gonna go nuts over some laffy taffy and front on this joint? ugh.

The video is alright, remind me drop it like its hot

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Did anyone else notice that "Mr. Me Too" and Ray Cash's "Bumpin' My Music" both have the same drum breakdown that Ice T used for "6 N Tha Mornin'"?

I like the Ray Cash joint a lot more than "Mr. Me Too!"

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    This beat and this song are ridiculous. People gonna go nuts over some laffy taffy and front on this joint? ugh.

dude. ive been meaning to give this back to you. i guess i am a HH hatter. what does HH mean?

anyways, the 45s i got from you yesterday is what is really really

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

dude. ive been meaning to give this back to you. i guess i am a HH hatter. what does HH mean?

anyways, the 45s i got from you yesterday is what is really really

DIE!

Yeh those 45's are dope, just a bit too rinked to sell. Glad they found a good home.

• video is teh hotnees. and i like pharrell. i think he sincerely tries to make good music he likes. but this video is like streetwear gangster 101. further sprouting wannabe pharrel dudes on myspace with pictures in alloverprint pink bandanas and a 10deepchaingang/bape/shalom/icecream/ hoodie over a HUF/stussy/random fitted hat.

yeah maybe i am just a salty one.

• and at what level of involvement is chad a member of the neptunes. because pharrell is like some semi underground pop icon. but what's up with other dude.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    if you actually like pharrell and think he tries to make "good music"

you must have missed

1. the new song with kanye
    2. hollaback girl
    3. the fact he calls himself "skateboard"
    4. other things im not in the mood to remember

maybe 15% of his beats not withstanding, i would say pharrel is only around to make horrible 'music' and get really annoying people to copy his 'style'

• if you actually like pharrell and think he tries to make "good music"

you must have missed

1. the new song with kanye
    2. hollaback girl
    3. the fact he calls himself "skateboard"
    4. other things im not in the mood to remember

maybe 15% of his beats not withstanding, i would say pharrel is only around to make horrible 'music' and get really annoying people to copy his 'style'

ok. but no one can put out hot shit all the time. people get off point sometimes.

i actually think "number one" had decent production. it's his singing thats a little off.

hollaback girl? the production was averageish but the song was a heater. the point was to make a club heater and they succeeded.

what does being called "skateboard p" have to do with making music?

and has pharrell actually said "all you annoying people bite my style"?

maybe you just dont care for that type of music. that's fair. but both NERD albums were cool in my opinion and i think it's fair to say that if you were an artist needing some heeet "skateboard p" is the man.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

did you only grow ears within the past eighteen months?

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    don't you have some tapes to go slang on ebay or something? leave a little guy like me alone, i'm not ready for your venom.

i will stand by my pharell bashing. the man is the most annoying personality in hip-hop right now, and his "every 5th song im associated with isnt pure unadulterated crap" routine isn't making me forget how annoying he is. maybe if he stayed off hooks forever i'd be back on the road to forgiveness.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    this is garbage.

bape rap.

fashion crapola.

this is garbage.

bape rap.

fashion crapola.

no

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    this is garbage.

bape rap.

fashion crapola.

no

agreed

don't you have some tapes to go slang on ebay or something? leave a little guy like me alone, i'm not ready for your venom.

i will stand by my pharell bashing. the man is the most annoying personality in hip-hop right now, and his "every 5th song im associated with isnt pure unadulterated crap" routine isn't making me forget how annoying he is. maybe if he stayed off hooks forever i'd be back on the road to forgiveness.

The "#1" song with Kanye is pretty bad (with the little video game blippy melody and "She wants to move" grand piano styling..I expected more out of the Kanye+Pharrell matchup) but the Neptunes are at legendary PRODUCTION status (with countless hip hop and pop crossover hits in the past 5 years).

Dude can do whatever he wants, period. Hate it or love it, no one else is making a "drop it like its hot" or a "hollaback girl" and spawning a bunch of snap music and pop music copycats.

Chad Hugo is an integral part of the Neptunes but he does not prefer the limelight unlike Pharrell. From what I've read, Chad is a family man, so he remains in Virginia Beach and their studio most of the time. Pharrell has a travelling setup and will fedex/upload/download things back to VA. If you do a little searching on their production methods there are a few articles that document their unique approach to making beats. Pharrell comes up with most of the drums, Chad will add to it and build melodies/harmonies, but Pharrell will also build a main melody or write a bit of the lyrics. They go back and forth and also have a fulltime engineer who manages their catalog of beats used and unused and makes suggestions, etc. They have another engineer in NYC I think. Their compression is amazing and always on point. Just listen to the snares and hi hats and how they interact with the bass on their past few hits.

I look forward to more distorted synths and unique production in rap, hip hop, and pop.

JUST THINK ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES THE GRINDIN' BEAT HAS BEEN COPYCATTED NOW AND HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE MAKING MONEY OFF PHARRELL'S INTERPOLATION OF BILLY SQUIRE'S BIG BEAT WITH TRITON PRESETS

RIDONKULOID

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I like the beat.

But I think the overall concept and execution is lacking.

The last Clipse song I really, really, really liked, was Zen.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    don't you have some tapes to go slang on ebay or something?

this is perhaps my favorite style of internet insult. "Don't you have to go [something that you also do]?" As if my side hustles are either embarassing or so time consuming that it would preclude me from posting on soulstrut as well. currently i am getting page not responding messages from ebay, so i was able to make time to diss you on soulstrut.

you are wrong, plain and simple. pharrell could make one hundred "hollerback girl"s and that would not change the fact that he is one of the most important hip hop producers of the past decade.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I like this song, but it really needs a good soundsystem , watching the vid on youtube won't do it justice.

B*n- Feel better dood, I will holler later. I'm off to an all-day Saturday class.