Who's the Next Dwayne Wayne (GoldenEraFetish Rel)

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
A Different World Season One arrives on DVD ... The four DVD box set includes all of the episodes from the shows first season. For years their have been rumors that there is an episode of A Different World which featured late rapper/actor Tupac Shakur and actress Jada Pinkett Smith. Jada joined the show late in it's run and starred as Leena, student from a rough town. Leena was a firecracker on the show. She was smart, outspoken and when her and Whitley were forced to be roomates the sparks really flew.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    When I was a youngin' I had a dream once that Maggie & Whitley got it on in an episode.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Oh, and I think there were 6 unaired eps.

With the tupac one titled "Homey, Don't Ya Know Me?"

Tupac fights Dorian!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Cree Summers is dope.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Cree Summers is dope.

I met her brother Rainbow Sun Francks, at a camp in Canada in 5th grade.

Dude was the coolest cat there. They grew up in the Toronto area. I found his home number a couple years later and will never forget the message on the answering machine, "Hello, you've reached the Francks, we love you to the sky, please leave a message..."

If you haven't guessed, his folks were both bohemian hippie-style peeps.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    My vote wouldbe for Duane Wade,as they are phonetically similiar.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Cree Summers is dope.

Dude was the coolest cat there. They grew up in the Toronto area. I found his home number a couple years later and will never forget the message on the answering machine, "Hello, you've reached the Francks, we love you to the sky, please leave a message..."

Yeah, I heard their peoples were of the hippie stock.
    So, you never tried to hollar at Cree?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Cree Summers is dope.

Yeah, I heard their peoples were of the hippie stock.

So, you never tried to hollar at Cree?

Spoken for, DAMN!

Who is that scrub, anyway???

Cree, get your mind right. (page me)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    For years their have been rumors that there is an episode of A Different World which featured late rapper/actor Tupac Shakur and actress Jada Pinkett Smith. Jada joined the show late in it's run and starred as Leena, student from a rough town. Leena was a firecracker on the show.

its no rumor, in the last or second to last season Tupac did an episode where he played Leena's thugged out ex-boyfriend/ friend from the block. Tupac comes across as an excellent actor. it's all a big "what if" but I think tupac would be competing with Jaime Fox and Don Cheadle right now for dramatic roles. He truly was a gifted artists in all facets.

If y'all ain't seen Gridlock'd or Juice do yourself a favor and rent them.

hard to believe he's been gone for nearly a decade

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    By the time Jada arrived on the show it had jumped the shark. But I might cop the first season just for Lisa Bonet.
    I dont see them releasing the Makavelli epidodes unless the mother gets a cut.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    bump for the terd burglar

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    For years their have been rumors that there is an episode of A Different World which featured late rapper/actor Tupac Shakur and actress Jada Pinkett Smith. Jada joined the show late in it's run and starred as Leena, student from a rough town. Leena was a firecracker on the show.

its no rumor, in the last or second to last season Tupac did an episode where he played Leena's thugged out ex-boyfriend/ friend from the block.

That episode didn't get aired or something? If so, how come?

That reminds me- I gotta check youtube for that little music vid that Pac and Jada did in high school. "Girls Ain't Nuthin' But Trouble" of all things!