Summer Getaways

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
So summer is upon us, the city is getting hot and my apt is feeling cramped. Its time to pack up the fam and head out for a summer sojourn, before I'm found floating upside down in the East River. Now being a city dude, I know all about the five boroughs but nothing immediately out of them. So my strutters, can you recommend me some place to take the wife and seeds? I'm looking at you familiar with Upstate NY, NJ, or Penn. Keep me away from young, dumb, drunk cornholios, and put me on to a somewhat desolate shore, trail, or lake. Word? word, get at me and I'll bring you a souvenier.

Comments

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    me and the miss are renting a lakeside cabin in the poconos. BBQ, fishing, pool, trying to find a rental with a jacuzzi too. We bring the dog too so this is good for us. http://www.bigbasslake.com Already promised her no laptop on the trip. Just ipod. also theres a giant outdoor fleamarket a few towns over on the grounds of a still functioning drive in movie. who knows what im gonna dig up. but yeah , only 2 hours away. Great for kids to. They have an outdoor pool area, boat rentals, fishing, pretty cool

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    wow that place looks pretty awesome, thanks gooch! It does say something on the info page that they only take weekend reservations until mid-June, you know anything about that?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I thought that shit said bigasslake.com

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    wow that place looks pretty awesome, thanks gooch! It does say something on the info page that they only take weekend reservations until mid-June, you know anything about that?

didnt see that. I would call.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    No other suggestions except big ass lake? you guys don't do weekend getaways?
    bed and breakfast, counrty inns, rentals?