Fiddy and Apple to join forces?

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
50 Cent Negotiating With Apple For Branded Line Of Home Computers[/b]Rap star 50 Cent is entering the world of technology and is currently in negotiations with Apple's CEO Steve Jobs to produce a line of affordable home computers to inner-city residents.According to a recent article in Forbes, 50 Cent, born Curtis Jackson and his high powered manager Chris Lighty of Violator management, are negotiating the branding deal with the computer /software giant."I'm creating a foundation that will be around for a long time, because fame can come and go or get lost in the lifestyle and the splurging," Fifty Cent explained to Forbes. "I never got into it for the music. I got into it for the business.""He [Jobs] is setting a new standard in the music business," Lighty added. "Let's just say we get each other."The company hopes to close the gap between sales in iPods, which have earned over $3 billion verse $2 billion from software and personal home computer sales.Behind Jobs' leadership and the runaway success of the iPod and iTunes, Apple controls over 80% of the digital music market.Additionally, Apple has sold over 1 billion songs over the past five years. The company started selling music videos and television shows which have sold over 15 million copies since October of 2005.50 Cent, who is plans on releasing his untitled third album by Christmas, ranked among the Top 10 earning celebrity entertainers in Forbes' recently released Forbes Celebrity Power 100 List.The rapper earned almost $41 million dollars, mostly from record sales and branding deals that include a clothing line, a line of sneakers, a video game and his G-Unit line of clothing, which was launched in partnership with Marc Ecko in July 2003.50 Cent ranked #8 in the Top Ten, behind Howard Stern, Steven Spielberg, Tiger Woods, rock group U2, Oprah Winfrey, The Rolling Stones and Tom Cruise, who topped the list by earning over $67 million in 2005Taken from allhiphop.com

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i would buy a chromed/platinumed out laptop

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Hmm, yes, but that doesn't quite fit the premise of

affordable home computers to inner-city residents

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

only if it came with a young buck screensaver

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    G-G-G-G-G-G-G5 MAC! I don't know, i don't see it.

i was just thinking that if Apple/Mac wants to stay competitive they'll have to bring the price of their computers down. The price disparity between them and PC's has got to hurt them at some point. I'm glad to see that their making a relative power move in that department, even if it's with 50.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I just don't see Apple doing this. They're extremely protective of their brand (my wife works for them and seriously, they are paranoid as fuck) and I can't see Steve Jobs thinking, "hmm...G-Unit + Apple team-up = that next shit." If Apple wanted to offer up low cost computers for the inner city, they could pull that off with any number of partners. I think this is 50 Cent's wishful thinking.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    fuck apple.

Wash your mouth out !

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    fuck apple.

Wash your mouth out !

double true

Paging Canonical please report on your $20 G4

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I just don't see Apple doing this. They're extremely protective of their brand (my wife works for them and seriously, they are paranoid as fuck) and I can't see Steve Jobs thinking, "hmm...G-Unit + Apple team-up = that next shit."

Even as an outsider knowing close to nothing about computers, I get this impression.

Did he want to do this cuz he saw Jigga's HP commerical?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i was hoping this thread was about fiona apple.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Did he want to do this cuz he saw Jigga's HP commerical?
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i was hoping this thread was about fiona apple.

that too.