Leicester, England Strut?

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
i haven't even been to europe in 10 years but in a couple of months i am moving to leicester to go to (cringe)law school and was wondering firstly are there soulstrutters in those parts and second are there are records to be had, or is everything tapped and expensive? What's uk digging like? also, do most of the chicks really have bad teeth or is it a horrible cliche? in canada every kid has braces whether they need them or not.

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    You'll be able to save on shipping by going direct to Concourse Records who are nearby.

Birmingham will have records, I heard Nottingham doesn't have as many stores anymore and then there's car booters... vinylvulture board is good for some info on those. Oh, and be sure to look for the missing 3 elements which are apparently hiding out in Nottingham

Oh, and I'd drop the dentist jokes quicksmart unless you want your mouth re-arranged by the locals!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Try signing up at the Vinyl Vulture board and make a few digger connections before you come over. And probably best to leave the national stereotypes at home - same as saying I'm going to Canada but want to know if the people are as stupid and humourless as I've heard, or is that just a cliche?

Try signing up at the Vinyl Vulture board and make a few digger connections before you come over. And probably best to leave the national stereotypes at home - same as saying I'm going to Canada but want to know if the people as stupid and humourless as I've heard, or is that just a cliche?

EY?!

Ha ha, for the record I spend a lot of time in Canada.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Try signing up at the Vinyl Vulture board and make a few digger connections before you come over. And probably best to leave the national stereotypes at home - same as saying I'm going to Canada but want to know if the people are as stupid and humourless as I've heard, or is that just a cliche?
    some stereotypes exist for a reason.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

no, it's true.

Well it's certainly true of my English-born Canadian relatives but I think I saw some normal people last time I passed through Toronto airport. Couldn't tell if they were arriving or fleeing though...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Leicester? Just add "Innit?" to the end of every sentence and you'll be fine!

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    No, just add "me duck.." to the end of evry sentence, and everything should go swimmingly.

Theres a great record shop on the High Street, as you come into town, Archer Records I think. Lots of second hand records, lots of good stuff to be found. Also, not been there, a shop devoted to Prog of all kinds, which sounds v good, Ultima Thule, nr the station.