John Woo to remake the KILLER!

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Hi I'm John Woo & I need Soul Struts Help.... I am planning to remake the Killer, what should I do this time around?Who should do the Soundtrack?Who will play the main actors and Jenny? Should I change the ending?What cars should I use for the chase scenes?Should I have the characters reload more often?Please help and toghter with SoulStrut we can make a better movie.??..???

Comments

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Don't do it!

Chow is too old now for that shit!

It'll be like

Quentin Tarrintino presents.... THE KILLER/. (Directed by John Woo)

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Right but who would be his replacement? Tony Leuang? Tom Cruise? Tyrese? Actually I think Mark Walberg or the Transporter dude could do it! As for Jenny I think well shoot give it to J. Alba but who would play the villians??? Steve Bushemi? But the soundtrack??

• snosno 332 Posts
    Chow Yun-Fat/Danny Lee : Clive Ownes and Denzel Washington
    The bad buy (Shing Fui-On) : Vinne Jones
    I think Steve Buscemi would be great in the role of Fung Sei (The Killer's agent).

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Don't fuck with a classic!

• snosno 332 Posts
    Agree.

That said, I have lost count on how many times "A New Better Tommorrow", or "New Killer" hit the 10-bucks-a-pop VCD market in Hong Kong.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Agree.

That said, I have lost count on how many times "A New Better Tommorrow", or "New Killer" hit the 10-bucks-a-pop VCD market in Hong Kong.

And all of those were terrible!

• snosno 332 Posts

Not all remakes are bad though with "A Better Tommorrow" being a remake of a Shaw's Brothers martial art movie.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    bad idea.

post HK john woo are almost entirely

dude has lost his touch.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    oh, and by the way...just this:

you're welcome.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Not all remakes are bad though with "A Better Tommorrow" being a remake of a Shaw's Brothers martial art movie.

... and the killer being a remake of le samurai.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Didn't this idea get put under the noses of some Hollywood big cheeses back in day? I remember hearing they had lined up Sly (IIRC) and Denzel and sat them down together and showed them the original.

They both decided, as we have here, that it's going to be hard to top that.

the killer being a remake of le samurai...

mmm.. I don't know... maybe so...

I guess if ghostdog is a remix of le samurai than the killer is more of one.

i just said remix.