2 REAL SCHITT VINYL QUESTIONS FOR the REAL HEADZ

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Prepping a few things for future Ebay auctions, had a couple of q's for the real schitt vinyl experts out there-The Pete Rock & CL "Never Coming Out EP"... anybody have a confirmed, no bout a doubt it OG and if so what am I looking for on the run out groove? I think I have an OG since I got it back around when this stuff 1st came out but I think they might've been booting these from the gate. Or all they all technically boots? I don't remember the deal with this one.And that 1st Organized Konfusion lp- was it originally released on vinyl or no? I have a vinyl pressing but it's obviously some schitt that somebody just pressed up on their own. I'd still like to know if there was an official vinyl release for that debut lp. I can probably search for this info myself online, but why go through the trouble when Soulstrut knows EVERYTHING??!? Thank you for your time, generosity and gregariousness.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    There was definitely a legit OK 1st LP... if you're talking about the one with "Fudge Pudge" and everything

• I'm pretty sure the Pete & CL is a bootleg.

I have an OG copy of the Organzied Konfusion album. I had to buy it mail order for $25.00 from a shop in Ohio, pre internet days!

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    There was definitely a legit OK 1st LP... if you're talking about the one with "Fudge Pudge" and everything

Yeah my friend copped it when it dropped. 100% legit.
    I think it was on Hollywood BAsic and they did vinyl for sure.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    the pete rock is a bootleg fo' sure.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

And that 1st Organized Konfusion lp- was it originally released on vinyl or no?
    Yes- the sound library has a copy on the wall for like $75. its the picture of pharoah and prince po with the black background and its on hoolywwod basic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_Konfusion_%28album%29

• I'm surprised no strutters have these!!!

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Hollywood Basic reissued the OK LP because in March I bought a new copy in Japan at the HMV in Shibuya
    And they had like two other copies also

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Hmmmm..... okay, well how about the Biggie "Unreleased & Unleashed" promo ep on Bad Boy? Don't tell me that's a boot fo sho too. Cotdamn bootleggers.

• The OG organized has..

ST-E-61212 A/B-1" + the "F/W RCE" and "SRC" signatures, on both sides

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Hmmmm..... okay, well how about the Biggie "Unreleased & Unleashed" promo ep on Bad Boy? Don't tell me that's a boot fo sho too. Cotdamn bootleggers.

Sounds like a bootleg to me

I think I have a UK bootleg double LP with that title... has full-color Bad Boy labels but its definitely a boot

• The OG organized has..

ST-E-61212 A/B-1" + the "F/W RCE" and "SRC" signatures, on both sides

Same on mine, has a printed inner sleeve too if that helps.

SONIC