Custom Gear

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Jake mentioned he was "geeked" about getting his custom ARS made for him. Is it gonna be anything like these?

Comments

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Naw hommie, I'm getting some technical customization! Zip drive built in, outputs built in etc.. I would get my shit painted but that dude is in LA I think.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    a 3000!, you should'nt fuck with a classic.
    im not a big fan of customizing.

for those of you who like it:

www.forat.com

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Naw hommie, I'm getting some technical customization! Zip drive built in, outputs built in etc.. I would get my shit painted but that dude is in LA I think.

rackmount ASR unit has 8 outs and SCSI standard... what you need the keyboard for? Get you an Edirol with the weighted key action and sliders.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Zip drive built in
    I need this shit in my life.

rackmount ASR unit has 8 outs and SCSI standard... what you need the keyboard for? Get you an Edirol with the weighted key action and sliders.

Yeah but I don't fuck with rackmounts. Shit feels weird to me. I met the ensoniq guru in Santa Clara and I have seen the light. I got a zip drive finally working on this bitch and it feels great. No mo 5 disk beats.

5 disk beats.

5 disk beats.

Yadddddddddaming. I have shoeboxes of beats on disks.

5 disk beats.

I am throwing all that shit out right now because I'm moving. Starting fresh. Fuck a floppy. New shit. Send me some drum CDs.

5 disk beats.

I am throwing all that shit out right now because I'm moving. Starting fresh. Fuck a floppy. New shit. Send me some drum CDs.

Don't throw out the old shat. You might want to use a snare you sampled 7 years ago. I did it this week. The disk was labeled "Ill Giant Drums".

I am going back to strictly ASR-10.

Come see the old chinese guru in Santa Clara. He'll have your shit working properly!

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Jake mentioned he was "geeked" about getting his custom ARS made for him. Is it gonna be anything like these?

I ordered the wood grain side panels for my 3000le from this dude a while back. Really cool pics. As far as the internal zip for the 3000 and the 2000 you can do it your self if you have half a brain and a screw driver. Too bad there isnt an east coast dude who does the custom paint jobs. too paranoid to ship my mpc.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Man, I wish I would have went with that from the jump, but someone I trusted told me to get the EPS. Big mistake.
    That shit basically just stopped working so now it sits in the garage.

At the time this didn't seem like a big deal to me, but now?

fuck. that.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

At the time this didn't seem like a big deal to me, but now?

fuck. that.
    Fuck a floppy disk.

I got a bunch of them terds sitting around the crib. Half of them shits don't work.

Yeah, I'm also not a fan of spending 5-15 min. searching for and loading up disks for just one bank.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    I would like to see that custom ASR when you get that back...

got an asr rack for 375 a year ago. Good deal in my book just hook it up to my emu x board and I'm good to go. I wonder if they could put my scsi hard drive inside the asr rack? that would be the ultimate.

one thing I don't like about the asr though is that when you load or record sequences or perform other functions, the asr pauses for a minute and the display says "shuffling data". on the eps you didn't have little pause so the workflow was a little bit faster.