HELP! Late 60s Hipster Movie ID Request...

sloppywhitesloppywhite 230 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
So I got a discount to get some DVDs from this site and it made me think of a movie I???ve been trying to ID for the longest. Just haven???t thought about it in a while. I remember watching a little bit of it when it was playing overhead in a hip/independent rental shop. All I remember was the opening credits and a few sequences of events. Here???s what I know...- Probably made in the late 60s (68-69) and I think the title began with an ???S??????- Opening credits with the camera following some hip dude around the city.The dude walks into a Black bar where there???s some wicked funk playing in the background. He then yells aloud something to the affect of ???which one of you muthfuckas wants to take me on!????- He then gets beat up and the next scene is him and his friend walking around a zoo talking about the meaning of life and shit like that.That???s all I remember and all I saw while in the shop.I know it???s sort of short on info and maybe a lame request, but does this ring a bell with anyone?