JOHNNY PAYCHECK'S DEEJAYING IN SF TONIGHT!

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
damn dude....you can't call a homie? I see you doin' big thangs you can't call?

Comments

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Whooo....

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Whooo....

Well this explains his penchant for Apple Martini's with EXTRA MIDORI!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Gonna spin some Reasonable Doubt

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Whooo....

Hold on.... lemme just pull up this thread where you lost your liquor....

I don't mix liquor.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Whooo....

Hold on.... lemme just pull up this thread where you lost your liquor....

I don't mix liquor.

but still dude....You need to dead the trucker hat.

you are SO taken off the guest list.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

can you put me on th guestlist jonny

p.s. the a's swept the yankees and the mariners

• hahahaha

:zing:

10 bucks for anyone who can photoshop the dudes head sayin' "GET FAMILIAR"

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    JOHNNY PAYCHECK IN THE MOVIE HOSTEL!

Damn... the young boss is a busy dude

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'm actually deejaying tomorrow at a post-Juneteenth Parade NGOK show (the first time that I've deejayed in a while), and I'm looking forward to seeing how the crowd responds to the records I'm playing. It's a free, family-oriented event so I had to leave Uptown My Home and Dusted and Disgusted and just about anything overtly dirty out of my crate...and even though I'd like to play It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, there's no Blowed records in my crate either. At any rate, I'll keep track of my playlist and try to give y'all an honest assessment of the reactions from my own local experience. I know y'all will be extremely eager to hear such a report, so please hold your horses...

• Options
    Was that supposed to be posted int his thread?

K.

JOHNNY PAYCHECK IN THE MOVIE HOSTEL!

Damn... the young boss is a busy dude

that dont look like him

YOU TELL EM AUDREY!!!

K.

Did I strutter?

• hahaha

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    10 bucks for anyone who can photoshop the dudes head sayin' "FALL. THE. FUCK. BACK!"[/b]

YOU TELL EM AUDREY!!

o.k.

this is what jonny looks like

and yes he does wear a tophat while spinning

YOU TELL EM AUDREY!!

o.k.

YOU TELL EM AUDREY!!

o.k.

• Options

K.

Did I strutter?

Sputter more like.

K.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    10 bucks for anyone who can photoshop the dudes head sayin' "GET FAMILIAR" any of my Chicago dudes who can come with a .jpg of that big billboard on the South Side that says, in ten-foot-tall letters: "PAYCHECK TOO SMALL?"

10 bucks for anyone who can photoshop the dudes head sayin' "GET FAMILIAR" any of my Chicago dudes who can come with a .jpg of that big billboard on the South Side that says, in ten-foot-tall letters: "PAYCHECK TOO SMALL?"

I know where you're going with this James, and in absence of conclusive proof I just refuse to believe Conchillo's contention that "windmills increase girth and length dude."

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    10 bucks for anyone who can photoshop the dudes head sayin' "FALL. THE. FUCK. BACK!"[/b]

I wish I had photoshop skills. All I know how to use is paint.

Meant in the spirit of fun. No disrespect intended.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

I know where you're going with this James, and in absence of conclusive proof I just refuse to believe Conchillo's contention that "windmills increase girth and length dude."
    DCadillac's regimen notwithstanding, my man at the ZubazID spot said that you were down there in a hat and dark glasses, experimenting obsessively with different patterns, pestering the salesgirls on some "I've heard that vertical stripes can, um, give the look, uh, the impression of...you know, bulk...Is, um...is that true?"

DCadillac's regimen notwithstanding, my man at the ZubazID spot said that you were down there in a hat and dark glasses, experimenting obsessively with different patterns, pestering the salesgirls on some "I've heard that vertical stripes can, um, give the look, uh, the
    impression of...you know, bulk...Is, um...is that true?"

It is, James. It is.

ZubazID

flawless.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I'm actually deejaying tomorrow at a post-Juneteenth Parade NGOK show (the first time that I've deejayed in a while), and I'm looking forward to seeing how the crowd responds to the records I'm playing. It's a free, family-oriented event so I had to leave Uptown My Home and Dusted and Disgusted and just about anything overtly dirty out of my crate...and even though I'd like to play It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, there's no Blowed records in my crate either. At any rate, I'll keep track of my playlist and try to give y'all an honest assessment of the reactions from my own local experience. I know y'all will be extremely eager to hear such a report, so please hold your horses...

How did this go? Did you change your game plan and [project] blow them away?

How did this go? Did you change your game plan and [project] blow them away?

It went well. I started out with Ice Cube's What Can I Do, which went over well. Yet when I was playing the remix to MC Eiht's Straight Up Menace and then eventually BG's Uptown My Home, I realized as I looked out at a bunch of families in attendence that I better stick to the more positive Juneteenth set that I had as a back-up. Therefore it became Intelligent Hoodlum's Black and Proud, Ed OG's I Gots to Have It, MC Lyte's Cha Cha Cha, Pete Rock and CL Smooth's Straighten It Out, EPMD's Crossover, Eric B and Rakim's Don't Sweat the Technique, DOC's It's Funky Enough, 2Pac's Holla If You Hear Me remix, etc. With those the crowd seemed to be hanging on to every song.

The toughest part of the show for me was spinning instrumentals for the freestyle session. I screwed up one of my beat matches royally, but was able to save face thanks to NGOK being extremely talented off the top. Instrumentals I used were Boyz n da Hood's Felonies, Ooh Wee's Why Cry, Menace Clan's What You Say, Nappy Roots' Lack Dogs, etc.

Here are some shots from the show:

I spun an in-store set at Backspin Records the next weekend...and that was me being able to play whatever the eff I wanted to. Now, that was a good one, one of my best sets ever. I still have my records from that night sitting in a crate in the order I played them. Maybe tomorrow, if I don't get too wasted watching Italy destroy Germany, I'll write up a setlist for you.