My girl is out of town and i'm a drunk loser

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
god forbid anything ever happen to her...i never lived alone, and these weekends when she's out of town reinforce the fact that i don't know how to do just that.its late; i'm drunk, posting on soulstrut in my underwear, listening to Ray Charles, "Drown in my Own Tears," on repeat, and I ate like a million chicken wings for dinner.Fuck this. I gotta learn to be alone.

Comments

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    No offense, but yeah you do need to learn to be alone.

I would definitely suggest living alone before getting hitched for the long haul.

Have you cried yet?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Man, you know you're gonna be regretting this post tomorrow.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    No offense taken. I posted the shit.

and no, I haven't lived alone; that was part of the first post, where I said I'd never lived alone, and this reinforced that fact.

Now, in my own defense, she travels for work each summer, and this is the first weekend out; so, in that respect, its my most out of practice. And the Ray Charles isn't so much because I'm crying (I'm not; in general, I don't) but becuase it fits the time of night and is on my iTunes.

But, yes. Learning to be alone would be good. And, yes, I'm getting hitched this fall. Time for a crash course.

Living with someone can become such a way of having a built in best friend/#1 social choice, that when they go away for a while, it is just a shock to the routine. Hence, the underwear/drunk posting.

Think I'll go get that last beer from the fridge...

god forbid anything ever happen to her...i never lived alone, and these weekends when she's out of town reinforce the fact that i don't know how to do just that.

its late; i'm drunk, posting on soulstrut in my underwear, listening to Ray Charles, "Drown in my Own Tears," on repeat, and I ate like a million chicken wings for dinner.

Fuck this. I gotta learn to be alone.

Quoting this shit so he can't baleet when sober/his dick grows back!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Man, you know you're gonna be repeating this post tomorrow.

Naw...not that drunk. Won't regret it more than any of the shit I did at my college reunion two weekends ago, or that bachelor party last weekend. Seems I've been on a bit of a bender...

Great, now I'm up talking to the light sleeper-crowd.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dogs if you can't live alone at least call some homies up and go out or cruise at your place or something
    sorry to be mean but this shit is pathetic

Dude, I'm just giving you a hard time.

My girlfriend (with whom I have lived with for almost 4 years now) went back to New Zealand for a month last year.

I don't know how the fuck I made it through that month. Having three cats to care for/keep company with definitely helped.

dogs if you can't live alone at least call some homies up and go out or cruise at your place or something

Fuck dude, you think I ate those chicken wings alone? Hell no...on a roof deck, with the homies.

Just that those first few weekends home alone, left to my own devices...DAH. Runk.

Naw...not that drunk. Won't regret it more than any of the shit I did at my college reunion two weekends ago, or that bachelor party last weekend. Seems I've been on a bit of a bender...

Yeah...we're gonna need some stories here!

I am listing to a beautiful Monk LP right now. Tell me your sob stories fool!

Yup.

Hey, was talking to some friends about having some beers and playing dominoes tomorrow night. care to join the loser crowd?

• this raises a disconcerting question: exactly how many board members have been posting in their underwear (or less)?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Fuck dude, you think I ate those chicken wings alone? Hell no...on a roof deck, with the homies.

Just that those first few weekends home alone, left to my own devices...DAH. Runk.
    haha, my bad man
    do something nice for your girl when she comes back

Yup.

Hey, was talking to some friends about having some beers and playing dominoes tomorrow night. care to join the loser crowd?

Sorry, I'm hanging out with my girl

this raises a disconcerting question: exactly how many board members have been posting in their underwear (or worse)?

------ Is wearing only boxers rightaboutnow. In my defense, I'm in my music room, with the door shut to keep the cats out, the window shut to keep the street noise out, and my amp really heats the place up!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this raises a disconcerting question: exactly how many board members have been posting in their underwear (or less)?
    dude half the time im posting im taking a shit

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    this raises a disconcerting question: exactly how many board members have been posting in their underwear (or less)?

I'm usually just wearing a sock.

Yeah...we're gonna need some stories here!

I am listing to a beautiful Monk LP right now. Tell me your sob stories fool!

Nothing too spectacular or regretful. But, last weekend, I did run into my old boss and her nephew, and don't remember too much of that; also, apparently spilled the beans about like 12 things from college that were previously vaulted.

Let's hope alcohol and time blur what they heard as much as what I said.

Yup.

Sorry, I'm hanging out with my girl

Touche...

Call me next Friday; she'll be in Salt Lake.

• this raises a disconcerting question: exactly how many board members have been posting in their underwear (or less)?

I'm usually just wearing a sock.

I would say if I am posting on Sunday before Noon I am definitely
    dans mes sous-v??tements.

I would say if I am posting on Sunday before Noon I am definitely
    dans mes sous-v??tements.

ahh schitt

it's worse than I thought...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This is a Soul Strut classic right here.

Wait...like a Reasonable Doubt classic? Or Vol. 3? Or even Blueprint? You know, I wanna make a classic, but its gotta be the RIGHT classic.

(btw, ODub, your post in that Jay-Z thread was OJ graemlin. No ayo.)

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i usually post at work but right now i have a towel on my head and am drinking nasty charles shaw shiraz

and i think a mosquito just bit me on the face

...it took me like a month to notice that this thing moved!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Totally. All that was missing was a mention of tater tots.

its late; i'm drunk, posting on soulstrut in my underwear, listening to Ray Charles, "Drown in my Own Tears," on repeat, and I ate like a million chicken wings for dinner.

Locations for days^

But really, I wouldn't even worry about either thing (bugging out on being alone or posting about it). Lord knows many, many people on here have done more or less the same thing.

All the beer is drunk...i moved on to Mulatu (Tezeta), Tom Waits (Cold, Cold Ground) and Hank Williams (box set), so I got off the Ray C. and now, to bed. g'night, folls.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Get a new hobby. Seriously. And cut down on the records too and yes I am serious.

Some ideas I'm considering in the near future:

1. Something involving children or cats and or dogs
    2. Those model planes that actually fly.
    3. Be one of those sports guys that wears tiger-stripe pajama pants with a matching jersey out to the sports bar (and move back into your mom's basement too)
    4. Small engine repair
    5. Buy an old car and soop them shits up (I am dead serious about this one)

i never wear draws.