mystery track from RJD2 poorboy megamix. HELP.

mongrelmongrel 3 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
some folks at vinyl vulture posted this wonderful source track breakdown of the samples on RJD2's Poorboy Lover Megamix. the one nasty jam i need to get my hands on, however, remains a mystery. does anyone know what's up with track #24? lyrics are "i can't believe what you're sayin...you're gonna walk out on me..." over some sick clavinet. someone PLEASE holla if you hear me. thanks a lot.1. Jim Ingram - Black Woman 2. The Nite Liters - Tango Boo Gonk 3. Gilbert O'sullivan - Alone Again Naturally / Wild Style Dialogue - Zorro & Fab 5 Freddy 4. Donny Hathaway - Magnificent Sanctuary Band 5. Timmy Thomas - Sexy Woman 6. ? 7. Oliver Sain - St Louis Breakdown 8. Hot Ice company- I Got the love you need 9. ? 10. Syl Johnson - Concrete Reservation 11. Albert King - I'll play the blues for you 12. Jethro Tull - Cross Eyed Mary / Volume 10 - Pistol Grip Pump 13. Different Strokes - Sing a Simple Song / Ike and Tina Turner - Bold Soul Sister / Sly and the Family Stone - Sing a simple song / Charles Earland - Sing a simple song 14. Southside Movement - I've Been Watching You 15. Lighthouse - The Love of a Woman 16. RJD2 - ?? / Double Trouble - Stoop Rap (from Wild Style OST) 17. Watts 103rd St Rythm Band - Giggin Down 103rd 18. King Curtis - Sweet Inspiration /? 19. ?? 20. Eddy Senay - Aint no Sunshine 21. Charles Whitehead - Between The Lines 22. African Music Machine- Mr.Brown 23. ?? 24. ?? 25. ?? 26. Allen Toussaint - Worldwide 27. Steve Colt - Dynamite 28. Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You 29. Toddlin Town Sounds - It's your thing 30. Ray Bryant - Above The Rock 31. Eric & The Vikings - Get off the Streets Y'all 32. Jimi Castor Bunch - Bad 33. ?? 34. ?? 35. Sisters and Brothers - Jed Clampett 36. RJD2 - Let The Good Times Roll Part II / ?? 37. Rjd2 - Let The Good Times Roll Part I/Eric B & Rakim - Follow The Leader (accapella)

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Wow! LOL. Should I start it off? Why not....

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• mongrelmongrel 3 Posts
    sorry...i'm new to the board and am clearly missing something. what is it?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    sorry...i'm new to the board

dudes dont really like people comin in here asking crazy questions on their first post. Gotta introduce yourself to the STRUT, MAYYYYAAN!

I dont' know the song youre talkin bout, but throw up a sound clip and maybe someone can figure it out.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    did you check rjd2site.com?

love that mix by the way.

also, Diplo's rj promo mix.

• mongrelmongrel 3 Posts
    word. understood. sorry about that, strut crew. didn't mean to rub ya the wrong way.
    i'm jim...nice to meet you...and i did take my shit to the-breaks.com, by the way.

anyway, since you suggested it, here's that sample:

http://thefrump.typepad.com/my_weblog/files/24_poorboy_lover_megamix_1.mp3

gracias, people.