new stevie wonder 7' on tamla motown

triptoyourmindtriptoyourmind 294 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
anyone heard this? real keen to know what it's like, prince on guitar, and q-tip on the b-side.

Comments

• wha wha what?

• I think its called 'so what the fuss', off Stevie's first new release in 10 years. Soulseek is fucking with me though, so I cant hear it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yeah, and craziest of all is that it's all done over the "Shook Ones" loop...almost sounds like a weird blend track, but it's all legit, and it works for the most part, at least it's cool to hear Stevie rockin' hard again...

Listen Here (sample)

• damn..thats ill. I heard the original on the radio..and at first I thought he was saying "what the fuck". I wish he was saying that now that I think about it.

• and this is only on 45? no 12? i want this. maybe a quality mp3 that I can burn?

• Turntable Lab had the 12" for a minute, but now they are restocking.

I mean TTL had the 12" for a minute, but now they are restocking.

Page three of Daily arivals.

• fuck. I need that. anyone with one for sale? at least a nice mp3?

• I swear I heard another mix of this tune w/o TIP which was much better, more of a keyboard track instead of a loop. Am i tripping?

• I swear I heard another mix of this tune w/o TIP which was much better, more of a keyboard track instead of a loop. Am i tripping?

if you are tripping..take that to the mushroom thread thats poppin' right about now

if you are tripping..take that to the mushroom thread thats poppin' right about now

somebody LACED my lentils!

• mmmm..lentils

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    I'll post that up here in a second...................

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

there is a version with no q-tip, the whole thing is free at www dot stevie-wonder dot com. i haven't heard the q-tip version, but i'm guessing that i'll like it less than the w/o q-tip version.

now what's up with this 7"?

Here is the Stevie Remix with Q-Tip and Mario Winans...
    Stevie

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I was watching VH1 this morning and saw the premiere of a new stevie wonder video. I don't think its the same song you guys are describing. No shok ones loop.

Anyone else see this?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

there is a version with no q-tip, the whole thing is free at www dot stevie-wonder dot com. i haven't heard the q-tip version, but i'm guessing that i'll like it less than the w/o q-tip version.

now what's up with this 7"?

ahh now I understand why the whole Prince/En Vogue thing seemed non-existant in the version I kept hearing with Q-Tip, obviously the Q-Tip version with the "Shook Ones" loop is the re-mix of the radio version, which has Prince & En Vogue.
    You're right, I like the non-remix version better, myself.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Damn a new 7 foot. How they packing it?

this made me laugh.

i was less amused by the stevie wonder song

Here is the original version with Vogue/Prince for anyone interested...Definiely beter than the remix..

So What the Fuss (original)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    *COUGH*

I was wondering why no one ever answered...