Attn Shied: Pimp C Espouses Antipopulist Sentiment

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I don't care what your sexual preference is. I'm not a homophobe. A lot of gay people buy my records because Pimp don't bash the gay folks.--VIBE, July 2006, p. 50What is this!? Has he forsaken the values shared by all of the representatives of the Southern working class that inhabit Archaic's mindgarden for those of the carpetbaggeuing coastal elite!?

Comments

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    little side story:

My boy (tigerblurp on here) and I were talking about the likkle bounce mix that I posted up here a few weeks ago. The mix contains a song by the name of "Shake it Like a Dog" by Kane and Abel feat. Mystikal.

He informed me that the best response he has ever gotten from this song (and we used to play it a lot back in the day, with unbelieveable reactions) was from a gay party.

I believe him, yo. I don't know why, but I do.

Carry on.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

My boy (tigerblurp on here) and I were talking about the likkle bounce mix that I posted up here a few weeks ago. The mix contains a song by the name of "Shake it Like a Dog" by Kane and Abel feat. Mystikal.

He informed me that the best response he has ever gotten from this song (and we used to play it a lot back in the day, with unbelieveable reactions) was from a gay party.

I could definitely see that.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Is this part of your class project for the smug school of obsessive hattery?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    little side story:

I believe him, yo. I don't know why, but I do.

Carry on.

semi-related notes.

I dj'd an all black lesbian party and I played "Gimme" by Jill Scott into Faith Evans and it became a fuckin' freak-fest. It was weird because I thought they would lose their shit over some more straight-forward club bangers.

I would totally dj gay/lesbian parties. The money might be better, there's definetly a market for it (SAN FRAN WHUT UP!), and I can play Fonda Rae or disco raers w/o a hassle.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I don't even get where you're coming from with this one? I mean, what does the stereotyping of Southern men as homophobes have to do with NYC being filled to the brim with biting-ass wannabe's? Besides, you ever been to a Mardi Gras? Doesn't get much gayer than that.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    NYC being filled to the brim with biting-ass wannabe's.

You don't know a thing about NYC. You've never even set foot in the damn city.

I don't even get where you're coming from with this one? I mean, what does the stereotyping of Southern men as homophobes have to do with NYC being filled to the brim with biting-ass wannabe's? Besides, you ever been to a Mardi Gras? Doesn't get much gayer than that.

About a year ago, you accused those of us that are opposed to homophobia of having elitist values and of being out of touch with the Southern working class.

• Has he forsaken the values shared by all of the representatives of the Southern working class that inhabit Archaic's mindgarden for those of the carpetbaggeuing coastal elite!?

About a year ago, you accused those of us that are opposed to homophobia of having elitist values and of being out of touch with the Southern working class.

Gee, another oversimplistic interpretation of my words twisted in a way that makes a chuckle-head like you look like a hero and me a walking contradiction. How convenient for you...

All I've said is go try to be the anti-homophobia rapper in Missouri City, or better yet Kingston. An uphill battle is what you'd be in for, which is a reality that exists apart from my own views on the topic.

Gee, another oversimplistic interpretation of my words twisted in a way that makes a chuckle-head like you look like a hero and me a walking contradiction. How convenient for you...

All I've said is go try to be the anti-homophobia rapper in Missouri City, or better yet Kingston. An uphill battle is what you'd be in for, which is a reality that exists apart from my own views on the topic.

Shied, you are copping pleas. The remark--remarks, actually, as it was a bit of a theme with you for awhile--didn't come in any kind of a music-related context. We were talking politics, and I know I'm not the only person that recalls it.

Shied, you are copping pleas. The remark--remarks, actually, as it was a bit of a theme with you for awhile--didn't come in any kind of a music-related context. We were talking politics, and I know I'm not the only person that recalls it.

So you think I'm homophobic? You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel nowadays, aren't you?

To want to get yourself all involved with Southern hetero-strip-club-styled rap...and couple it with an overriding concern for that culture's homophobic tinge...is about as pointless as it gets.

That's like going to a Klan rally and being hurt when Malcolm X isn't treated as a hero. It doesn't make you wrong. It just makes you stupid.

But go ahead, Captain Righteous, and direct your crusade against homophobic rappers instead of at a mere tolerant reporter of an unfortunate reality.

So you think I'm homophobic? You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel nowadays, aren't you?

To want to get yourself all involved with Southern hetero-strip-club-styled rap...and couple it with an overriding concern for that culture's homophobic tinge...is about as pointless as it gets.

That's like going to a Klan rally and being hurt when Malcolm X isn't treated as a hero. It doesn't make you wrong. It just makes you stupid.

But go ahead, Captain Righteous, and direct your crusade against homophobic rappers instead of at a mere tolerant reporter of an unfortunate reality.

I haven't said any of those things, Shied. It was a joke, not a crusade, and I am the last person to be upset over musical homophobia or musical expressions of any form of bigotry.

I don't know whether or not you're homophobic, but I doubt that you really are. I think you've got a few core values--the primacy of all things Project Blowed-related being one of them--and beyond that just enjoy being contrary and piecing together conspiracies. But the fact remains that you made this argument repeatedly in the context of political discussions, and should either stand by it or disavow it.

Are you wearing your gay shirt as you type this attempt to corner me into one of your ass-traps?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Don't pull the words out of context, repost the argument if its so valid to your point. Sayin.

Don't pull the words out of context, repost the argument if its so valid to your point. Sayin.

Shied already knows exactly what he said. I'm not pulling anything out of context.

And in the future please don't be "sayin" anything to me.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

Shied already knows exactly what he said. I'm not pulling anything out of context.

asshurt. You put this shit out there. If its private take it to PM's.

I think I know what I said. I have no idea why you started this post.

Let me know when you have any semblance of a point to make.