whats f--kin' w/ Fat Jon - Lightweight Heavy?

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
in the past, while i've like their styles and ideas, i usually felt like Five Deez, Fat Jon, 3582, etc. just missed the mark for me. this album though, nails it a few times...Talk To Me[/b], Dreamers, Day, Everywhere[/b], Her, Torn Again, Mystery God[/b], Synopsis, Body Language, Beyond Lovehighly recommending it as it has been in heavy rotation since i got itso where should i go from here? plaese to recommend chill minimal beat albums that don't bore me to death like Krush-Strictly Turntablized does.oh, and plaese to file this under idiotic Amazon reviews:...it can be used for some great background sex music. The prime example of that is #7 "Torn Again"."Torn Again" is a song that you share a very intimate moment WITH YOUR MAIN SQUEEZE ONLY!!![/b] That song really exilerates passion, FO REAL!!!!!!!![/b]I Know, because I done did the damn, thang!!!![/b]On "Beyond Love" the melody is a hip-hop electronica funked-out version, of pure instrumental greatness.This cd is a great album for these things:1) Sex[/b]2) Driving3) Thinking4) Becoming one with the earth's "trees"...

Comments

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

I haven't heard this yet.. but that's a terrible cover! It looks like some Naked Music/ OM/ Llorca, house music-esq stuff. Now, Humanoid Erotica, that was nice.

tjames

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

When did this drop? I love the F.J., perfect music to work/chill/smoke to.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    word 'ems. Fat Jon does sometime come with it, but I like J.Rawls production waaaaaay better (Peep his last album "The Essense of Soul"-pretty much his trademark style of beats with a grip of soul sangers on it).

As far as beats that are nice but not on some "blazing downtempo" bitchness I would fuck with the Platinum Pied Pipers shit (the made a instrumental version of the album), those jay dilla beat records on bling 47, and kev brown "I do what I do" instrumentals.

Also a lot of DJ Mitsu from Japan material is real dope, melodic but still with the knocking drums and production that's ,in terms of underground producer/taste maker favourites, is really giving dudes a run for their money.

oh and those "Sound of L.A." beat comps on Plug Research (a little leftfield but still interesting).

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    kev brown

kev brown

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    I haven't heard the entire album but you might like Marc Mac - It's right to be civil. What I heard was dope though. I don't think it was officially released though. Also another Marc Mac project The Visioneers looks dope too, although I'm not sure if its in the instrumental vein.
    Here is a link to Its right to be civil, that I found
    A HREF="http://www.sendspace.com/file/zdoncu">MARCMAC/A>

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    kev brown "I do what I do" instrumentals
    co-sign

i'll peep some of the rest of these recommendations. thanks!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Anybody like Theivery Corporation? Their newer one is ok, but i don't care for a few of the cameos...nice grooves on there though. Many of their drum sounds are more hand drum, tabla style which is a nice touch.

Outernational Sound gets a lot of play in my car.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    I haven't heard the entire album but you might like Marc Mac - It's right to be civil. What I heard was dope though. I don't think it was officially released though. Also another Marc Mac project The Visioneers looks dope too, although I'm not sure if its in the instrumental vein.
    Here is a link to Its right to be civil, that I found
    A HREF="http://www.sendspace.com/file/zdoncu">MARCMAC/A>

Nice one, I've been trying to track down this for minute...

Anybody like Theivery Corporation?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    kev brown

I haven't heard anything that's blown me away (sounds pretty stock to me). I'll check that instrumental LP though.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    j dilla- donuts
    pete rock- petestrumentals
    and any other instrumentals you can get your hands on from these two...

five deez- koolmotor instrumentals (never heard the actual album, beats are sick)
    fat jon- wave motion, i think its called, very nice and better than lightweight heavy in my opinion.