So Dilla wasn't good enough but Saigon is?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
essplain plaese.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Entourage effect.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    Saigon... Who?

• essplain plaese.
    think numbers.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

essplain plaese.
    think numbers.

Well I would, but it's Saigon. Dude isn't even a producer and wasn't he supposed to blow 3 years ago?

• Double_BDouble_B 169 Posts
    Yeah but that's fucked up man. It's just stupid man. Do that many more people know about Saigon? Even in NYC he's pretty underground and only gets radio play after 11 pm.

Wasn't that magazine supposed to be about production?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Yeah but that's fucked up man. It's just stupid man. Do that many more people know about Saigon? Even in NYC he's pretty underground and only gets radio play after 11 pm.

Wasn't that magazine supposed to be about production?

I concur.

Dilla was a legend (well respected, innovative and highly influential).

At least Wax Poetics did the right thing, good article too.

• essplain plaese.
    think numbers.

Well I would, but it's Saigon. Dude isn't even a producer and wasn't he supposed to blow 3 years ago?
    think just blaze producing his whole album...

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    dilla never liked the spotlight... he prolly woulda wanted it that way.

ive got nothing but love for dilla... i've invested lots in his music and even, more recently, hospital donations. but the media never has known how to cover the underground shit properly, and it's probably a good thing. for someone to not really blow up until they're dead is a lame and sad thing... and as much as i celebrate the guy's entire catalog, i'm glad he didn't become the next 2pac/biggie poster-boy. those who know... will continue to know. and those who don't, can keep on waiting for some crap like dangerdoom 2.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

essplain plaese.
    think numbers.

think just blaze producing his whole album...

than countless other dudes should be on the cover just because a known producer is doing their LP

it's just bullshit and you should stop.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Question: How long did it take Scratch to become a shitty magazine?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

When was it engaging or informative?

IMG SRC=http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/686/codyredjpgw300h3048xa.jpg>

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

When was it engaging or informative?

IMG SRC=http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/686/codyredjpgw300h3048xa.jpg>
    haha!

I liked the first 2 issues, so I guess from issue 3 on.

• than countless other dudes should be on the cover just because a known producer is doing their LP

it's just bullshit and you should stop.
    i'm not the one deciding who gets covers for scratch magazine. just trying to point out the reasons why...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    dont you know this cat is his 'representation'?

but seriously, i cant believe they would put saigon on the cover? like there arent any more producers/djs to put on the cover...

what label is that guy on anyways and is payola involved?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeah, i was blown away when i opened the mailbox the other day!!

WTF!!??

Who the fuck is Saigon?? This magazine is like the source now.

• xyzlenexyzlene 37 Posts
    dilla never liked the spotlight... he prolly woulda wanted it that way.

ive got nothing but love for dilla... i've invested lots in his music and even, more recently, hospital donations. but the media never has known how to cover the underground shit properly, and it's probably a good thing. for someone to not really blow up until they're dead is a lame and sad thing... and as much as i celebrate the guy's entire catalog, i'm glad he didn't become the next 2pac/biggie poster-boy. those who know... will continue to know. and those who don't, can keep on waiting for some crap like dangerdoom 2.

hahahahahahahhaha

for some crap like dangerdoom 2. that was a good one!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    yeah we could go on for days about this. I originally presented a diggin column for the magazine and they said they would rather have Funkmaster Flex do it then me! So yeah we all know Flex digs all day long right? It's a commercial magazine and they need to sell magazines. Be thankful for Wax Poetics that's all we need.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

essplain plaese.

Atlantic cut the check. Both covers feature Atlantic artists. All that shit is paid for.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

essplain plaese.

Atlantic cut the check. Both covers feature Atlantic artists. All that shit is paid for.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    Since we're talking Dilla again, I'll put this here (I don't hink this deserves its own thread so) here's something i whipped up yesterday of some samples from Donuts, if it sounds a little off in places I apologize, i had to do it on a computer rather than tablestables so...
    A HREF=http://rapidshare.de/files/22927167/TraktorDJStudio3Demo_20060612_1818.mp3.html">SAMPLEMIX/A>

• weaksauce, looks like a weak excuse to put JB on the cover again, sitting in the background.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Since we're talking Dilla again, I'll put this here (I don't hink this deserves its own thread so) here's something i whipped up yesterday of some samples from Donuts, if it sounds a little off in places I apologize, i had to do it on a computer rather than tablestables so...
    A HREF=http://rapidshare.de/files/22927167/TraktorDJStudio3Demo_20060612_1818.mp3.html">SAMPLEMIX/A>

Thanks.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This magazine is like the source now.

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    Dilla > Saigon all day

Saigon aint all bad though, I remember hitting his myspace a few months ago and he had a dope " lil'_____ " naming dropping freestyle from one of the KaySlay Drama hour mixtapes over some Freeway beat.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    ...I remember hitting his myspace...

???... I'm scared of girls like these... they look too good to be true...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    weaksauce, looks like a weak excuse to put JB on the cover again, sitting in the background.

dont get me wrong but does just blaze have a deep enough catalog to really warrant a cover spot?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    weaksauce, looks like a weak excuse to put JB on the cover again, sitting in the background.

dont get me wrong but does just blaze have a deep enough catalog to really warrant a cover spot?

Uh...I mean, he's not Marley Marl or anything but c'mon dude!

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    scratch that freestyle, its not on his myspace anymore.... but speaking of covers???

• weaksauce, looks like a weak excuse to put JB on the cover again, sitting in the background.

Uh...I mean, he's not Marley Marl or anything but c'mon dude!

That's what I was saying...it's and that he is on the cover again.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    scratch that freestyle, its not on his myspace anymore.... but speaking of covers???

and