DIG DUG RETURNS > SOUTHBAY VINYL JUNKIES REJOICE!

downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
edited June 2006 in Announcements
I love when people get extra-excited about stuff - Big B got all 666 ready and *poof* things turn out to be on the 13TH[/b] instead - coincedence???anyways, here's the latest for all you SJ vinyl lovers: DIGDUG - a monthly listening party and late-nite record swap! Each installment features a plethora of talent behind the decks who have been encouraged to play what they want, utilizing those forgotten gems of the collection that don't fit at clubs, bars, or parties. We've also invited some of the deepest collectors in the area to bring a few crates to sell or swap.Lineup for Tuesday, June 13thDJs: (Our lineup this month consists of three passionate collectors whose tastes range all over the board from noise to Lee Hazlewood to the Geto Boys)- DJ Connor aka Hamburger Lady aka one half of White Pee aka Moses from Recycled Records on Haight St.- J. Temperance from Doctor/Nurse, fresh off of a triumphant show at last week's AD GALLERY STREET MRKT.- Ennui, your humble host for the evening, will also play some records.Dealers:Geraldine of Feel My Grooves, local collector/DJ/drummer Jeff Jagged, DJ Chlorophil, and more.Date and Time: 6/13/06 (and Every second Tuesday of the month) from 8-11 p.m.Admission: Free and open to the publicWhere: Anno Domini Gallery // the second coming of Art & Design366 So. First StreetSan Jose, CA 95113408.271.5155www.galleryAD.com

Comments

• stevie B!!!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

outstanding!

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    I love when people get extra-excited about stuff - Big B got all 666 ready and *poof* things turn out to be on the 13TH[/b] instead - coincedence???

Can I still wear my Slayer 'reign in blood' t-shirt and try and trade my Iron Maiden 'number of the beast' LP ?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Can't make it this time fellas... have fun and good luck slangin'

• downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
    Can I still wear my Slayer 'reign in blood' t-shirt and try and trade my Iron Maiden 'number of the beast' LP ?

NO. irony is so fuckin over dude. However, you CAN wear it as long as you get drunk and start going over your "glory days" on cable. or something. umm, does that LP have an EDDIE poster with it by any chance?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    san jose is only kinda wack in my opinion now.

thanks to adrian for taking me around the thrifts. though nothing was overall dope what i got, that gotcha record was pretty cool white disco.

thanks to brian for hanging out, letting me smoke weed in his house, and taking me to trials pub. THAT food was good! also, dude unloaded and loaded my car back up with my records. thanks again for that.

thanks to nate, jeff, and the rest of you dudes down there as well.

the music was cool, the drinks were refreshing, the dough was rolling in, and there were records to check out.

i got a copy of Sam Davis on cada which im quite excited about. i have another one of his gospel lps and didnt know this existed. i also got the picture sleeve 45 of rudy & the cruisers. a lowrider soul joint. i also got the masterplan 45 for jake that he was asking for.

good times... hope next month is as good. though i dont want to lose my voice again... chim chim chereee...

...and somebody better make those stevie b tshirts. ill buy one!