Ebay brings in RSS feeds! (holy fook related)

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
This shit is really dope and will end the need for weird fudgy third party java programs to save huge numbers of searches to execute at once. The definition of x

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    26 views and not one "head" "knows the deal"?????

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    26 views and not one "head" "knows the deal"?????

can you explain what that is? i would like to be impressed but me don't understand.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    A A HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(protocol)">RSS feed allows you to subscribe to a "feed" of information. The "feed" is really just a URL to a file that is updated frequently.

That file's just an XML ("eXtended markup language", similar to but more freeform than HTML, "hypertext markup language") that stores info on... well... anything! Podcasts, news, you name it.

In this case, you can save ebay searches as RSS feeds, put them into a RSS feed reader, and refresh them all at once.

Hopefully this will be the bullet that kills flakey software like jbidwatcher, which is a buggy java application that drives me completely crazy and is apparently no longer supported.

Not all searches are available on RSS yet, but soon!

• does this mean the price of raers will drop on the bay?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    does this mean the price of raers will drop on the bay?

My guess is that it means prices will go up. More people vying for the same items means higher prices.

• sorry, my sarcasm font was at the shop when i wrote that, but thanks for explaining supply and demand to a little dude