Peeping Tom

ladydayladyday 623 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
No, not that kind. I'm talking about thisMIKE PATTON / DAN THE AUTOMATOR / BEBEL GILBERTO / NORAH JONES / KOOL KEITH / MASSIVE ATTACKAnyone heard this? what do you think? It sounds a lot more Faith No More-ish than I expected. Discuss??

Comments

• Options
    Yeah it is great!!! Mike Patton is pretty damn entertaining. His stuff with the x-acutioners (sp) is nice too. But that mr bungle is far out. Dudes from seattle area right>

• Yeah it is great!!! Mike Patton is pretty damn entertaining. His stuff with the x-acutioners (sp) is nice too. But that mr bungle is far out. Dudes from seattle area right>

He's from Northern Cali. Humboldt County.

Just finished listening to the album. Don't know how I feel about it. Definitely sounds a lot like Faith No More, Bungle even sometimes. Very poppy and I can't quite tell if he's being sarcastic or not with his lyrics because some of them are pretty cliche if you ask me.

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    It's an entertaining album i guess. I can't really see listening to it often my any means.

• Options
    Yeah it is great!!! Mike Patton is pretty damn entertaining. His stuff with the x-acutioners (sp) is nice too. But that mr bungle is far out. Dudes from seattle area right>

He's from Northern Cali. Humboldt County.

Just finished listening to the album. Don't know how I feel about it. Definitely sounds a lot like Faith No More, Bungle even sometimes. Very poppy and I can't quite tell if he's being sarcastic or not with his lyrics because some of them are pretty cliche if you ask me.

Word, I would try to look past the fact that it is more of a pop album than he has put out in the past and note that artists whom he DOES choose to associate with (dan/keith/ect) are pretty chill respectively. But, yeah, for the savvy listener the album bleeds of sarcasm. MIGGY MIGGY MIX ala Mike Patton
    one