end of the week rackords

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
real world moves-Tamiko Jones- I'll be anything for youCurtis Mayfield- never say you can't survive promoPatty Shelly- I am going (nice female folk lp)Michael Cassidy- nature's secret (Fourtet sample on here)Chuck Flores- flores azules (on Dobre)Sly Slick&Wicked- sho nuff 45 on people (this shit is dope!)From AP-J.D. Emmanuel- wizards (cool Tangerine Dream/Heldon type stuff)Marr'Del- the mystery of love- radd!B.W. Souls 45 marvins groove/generated loveZip-Codes 45 sweet meat pt 1&2Chris Jones 45 I'm the man/destination unknown (I'm the man is killer!)

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Bump!

Wizards lp is radd! Meditational Kraftwerk steez and shit.

More rackord talk, less crabs talk batches!

Fug the Spurs, rock on with your badself Pistons!

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Jeffree - "Call It Love" (original CDRAER)
    Trussel - "Love Injection"
    Ronnie McNeir - "A Mother's Love" (7 inch single)
    Chuck Cissel - "Cisseling Hot" and "If I Only Had The Chance"

SG

• Options

I guess this is more widely known by it's UK release titles Star Trek - The Vulcans which Madlib included on his pillaging of the Trojan Vaults mix. Real heads....

I'll say this much - it's going on the b side of my beat tape, pronto.

Miller's warning to all biters. Same rhythm and song structure as "Tenement Yard" without having to wheel up the K Tel comp.

Gospel funk from Cleveland. Drums are pretty raw.

I'll just say this, it's on the completed side a of my beat tape.

This nerd gets happy when 212 is on the label. D Levy/Sounds Unlimited/Bala Productions don't hurt, either

Also bought some "It's My Thing"'s"Amen Brother" break thingys.

0 < K

• half price .98 cent specials:
    melvin van peebles-sweet sweeeeetbacks
    steady b-nasty girls/ya know my rucka
    jive rhythm tracks-vol.1
    ohio players-pleasure
    bill black combo-incredible sound of the
    tony mottola-amor mexico/s.a.
    jose feliciano-alive alive-o
    cee lo-i'll be around
    herb alpert-rise 12in(lol)
    sir mix a lot- lets g/mix a lots theme/i just love my beat/square dance rap(is this his first record?)

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    45 finds...I went diggin after my large CRABCAKE lunch...the full feeling put a hamper on my enthusiasm..but got these...

The Flames "Stand up and Be Counted/My Lonely Hour"(People)

Peter Ivers Group "Aint that peculiar/Clarence O'Day"(Epic)

The Brothers Two "Boogaloo(soul)Party/You Got it"(Crimson)

Sunny & The Sunliners "Hip Huggin Mini/My Dream"(RPR)

Ricardo Marrero and the Group "Babalonia/My Friend" (DON) (with my find of a Joe Cuba LP in Feburary, I have now found two pieces of latin heat here...which isnt easy to do...no,no latin records in memphis)

• nabbed these yesterday -

Frank Wright "One For John" LP on Actuel
    Terry Riley "A Rainbow In Curved Air" LP
    Steve Lacy "School Days" LP
    The Howard Lemon Singers LP

hopefully more today.

SONIC

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Gospel funk from Cleveland. Drums are pretty raw.

Nice one.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

The Howard Lemon Singers LP

hey aaron,

what do you think of that one?

I found one a week or so ago.

I think it's great.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    From the streets of cph:

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    From the streets of cph:

Looking good homez, you've been out in the rain today ? Is that some obscure Pepita record ??? and whats up with the Poppys ??????
    Thanks for the Bo Diddley (also), I like... !
    peace-

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Looking good homez, you've been out in the rain today ? Is that some obscure Pepita record ??? and whats up with the Poppys ??????
    peace-

The Pepita is Bergendy "Beat Ablak", nice versions of "Tramp" and "Dizzy" with drums (surprise ). Traded that with Steen Rockstar along with UPP and The Poppys (obscure french kiddie music). Black Blood and T.N.T.H. are extras.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    peace-

The Pepita is Bergendy "Beat Ablak", nice versions of "Tramp" and "Dizzy" with drums (surprise ). Traded that with Steen Rockstar along with UPP and The Poppys (obscure french kiddie music). Black Blood and T.N.T.H. are extras.

Beat Ablak has been issued with different covers, not sure how many though, cool drums, what did SteenRockMeister get ? I might wanna go for the T.N.T.H,... thats some french rock/jazz thingy, is it not....?

• The Howard Lemon Singers LP

hey aaron,

what do you think of that one?

I found one a week or so ago.

I think it's great.

I haven't listened to it yet. I had it on my shelf at work for awhile waiting to listen to it and your post about it tipped it into my purchases Friday.

I'm going to check it out tomorrow afternoon, seems fitting being sunday and all. Plus that Frank Wright had to be listened to right away.

It better be good or I'm comin' after you A**! (just kidding)

SONIC