Newbies introduce yourselves!!!

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I noticed that there are a lot of new people on Soulstrut. Introduce yourselves!!! Including Euro people... please.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    these "newbies" are mostly aliases.

so,

hi

hi

hi

hi
    hi

and hi

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Sup I am a newbie to this site hailing from Cleveland, Ohio.....

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Hi, I'm JLo and I'm feeling like a born again strutter after the server migration. I declare myself a newbie.

• Hi folks. I'm a 26 year old part time dj / part time record collector hailing from Helsinki, Finland. Mostly into funk, soul and latin grooves, old school and gangsta rap (+ new southern shit).

I've been following this board for ages, but been quiet since you people are bunch of crazy mfs. Fuckin' hilarious stuff, best bbs evarrr.

• dextahdextah 77 Posts

I've been following this board for ages, but been quiet since you people are bunch of crazy mfs.

• hello.. i've been lurking for about a year and finally decided to post one night when i was a little on faded side. 32 old fart living a peaceful life with a chill dog in Oakland near High and MacArthur.

i used to dig hard a few years back, but the digging slowed down when i got more into my automotive projects. i mostly come to the site to help me remember what records i still have. sold off a big chunk of the collection a couple years back and just held on to a lot of personal favorites. once i got a decent Mac, i would just archive the crucial samples off of certain records before they'd hit eBay.

thanks for having me.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I'm david, 23, from chicago. I joined because sergdun kept linking me to things and i felt the need to defend Do or Die.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    hi, trying to take things serious...
    I??m 25 and live in Berlin, which is simply the shit nowadays as the worldcup just started. Collecting records for about 10 years now and Djing for a while too. I have been very much into Drum&Bass, but in the last years I focussed on Jazz, Funk, Golden Age Hip-Hop (which obviously implies that there was a Golden Age...), Downbeat aso. Right now I listen to the Hopeton Lewis - Sound Pressure 7", which is a great starter...
    cheers

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    hi, trying to take things serious...
    I??m 25 and live in Berlin, which is simply the shit nowadays as the worldcup just started. Collecting records for about 10 years now and Djing for a while too. I have been very much into Drum&Bass, but in the last years I focussed on Jazz, Funk, Golden Age Hip-Hop (which obviously implies that there was a Golden Age...), Downbeat aso. Right now I listen to the Hopeton Lewis - Sound Pressure 7", which is a great starter...
    cheers

hi there! germans are most welcome!!! have fun... don't take things to serious (MY JOB already!).

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Hi I'm a 21 year old uni student from Melbourne Australia

I've been collecting records/bedroom djing for about 1.5 years now and I've been lurking here for about a year. I come here to get a greater insight into the world of crate digging. I also find most of your NRR topics quite interesting as they are devoid of alot of the bullshit that you find on other forums.

I listen to most types of music but I enjoy hip hop, funk, soul, jazz, disco, yacht rock, electro, new wave and punk the most. At the momement I am heavily into elecrto-funk/boogie from late 70s to mid eighties.

Thanks for having me.

p.s. whats all about?

• Hello.

I'm Brian, a lurker here at the boards. Still trying to figure out what pap day was all about.

Nice to meet you all.

Insta-plug: http://www.myspace.com/undocument

• JalvemoJalvemo 9 Posts
    a DJ from sweden, trying to get deeper in to the soul/funk game. Just got my white head a fro, how about that for a start?
    from sweden..

• nutriciousnutricious 118 Posts
    i'm also kinda new here, although i did my first "hello" post a while back - including my top 3+1 funky songs from austria, which is my homecountry. i work at a radiostation in vienna, make beats and occasionally dj around here too, mostly on some soul, funk or danceable-but-not-played-out hiphop shit. i'm currently working my way through the stacks of records i brought with me from my 8 month stay in the states (cincinnati-nyc). heavy rotation right now:

fela - water no get enemy
    busta & qtip - can't hold the torch
    william devaughn - be thankful for what you've got

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Sup to all my fellow newbies......

• montymonty 420 Posts
    hi Newbies

i'm an oldie

• What's good everyone?

I am a newbie, been a lurker for a while. I've been collecting records for close to 10 years, digging hard and producing seriously for about 6 years. Here to gain and share knowledge.

peace

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    So thats

San Francisco 33%
    Europe 33%
    Australia 32%
    Chicago 1%

• sergserg 682 Posts

i used to dig hard a few years back, but the digging slowed down when i got more into my automotive projects. i mostly come to the site to help me remember what records i still have. sold off a big chunk of the collection a couple years back and just held on to a lot of personal favorites. once i got a decent Mac, i would just archive the crucial samples off of certain records before they'd hit eBay.

post a picture of the car, that deep dish has me curious.

• KinoKino 17 Posts
    Yeah, I'm in the Bay Area as well. I'm 35, work in SF but live in Oakland because you get more for your money on this side of the bay. Been lurking here for 3 years and collecting records of all kinds for about 20. Pops used to manage Musicland in Detroit so I come by it honestly--although he's more into classical than I could ever be.

• What's up fellow DJ's! I consider myself a newbie as well...been lurking here for over a year and have attained much knowledge (and music) through the talented folks on this board. I'm a 26 yr old filipino dude that's into all things soul-related. Also a bay area native (that doesn't get hyphy), and I've been doing my thing for about 8 years already. Just wanted to say thanks for making my workday a little more enjoyable..

• spinnertyspinnerty 14 Posts
    i've been reading this board for a chuckle at work ever since senor Castillo was nice enough to recommend i get a mixtape up on the dj mixes section (you can listen to it, its called Space Funk).

i live in SF in cole valley. i moved here from champaign, Illinois 2 years ago. i've been djing for about 8 years, making beats for about 3. i do a monthly gig at Amnesia in SF and a few other places here and there. i like doing crossword puzzles and getting drunk off sangria at cha cha cha . i have beef with KRS and enjoy reading related posts that come up on that topic from time to time. i get flustered when i start reading a thread and there are already 10 new ones up by the time i'm done.

• spexxxspexxx 37 Posts
    Long time lurker from out the Bay Arieal.Music maker for an even longer time.What up everyone...

www.myspace.com/spexxx

www.myspace.com/deadforestsociety

www.myspace.com/soothsay

www.myspace.com/madsevenrecords

...pace picante -0-0-

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    U-Tern straight out the rainy city (Vancouver, Canada). I'm 25 (26 this month ). Ive been DJing for 10 years and producing for 5. Check the new mix CD (60 tracks of disco-electro-boogie heat!) full release this month.

www.myspace.com/djutern
    www.beatstreet.ca (I work here)

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    www.beatstreet.ca (I work here)

Is this the place that has/had an upstairs location? If so, I hit your spot 2-3 years back and came out with some good stuff like Billy Larkin & Joe Loco LPs. Ya'll even stayed open a little late for me and my friends even though it was past closing time and pouring rain outside. Thanks for that, and welcome to the board!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Is this the place that has/had an upstairs location? If so, I hit your spot 2-3 years back and came out with some good stuff like Billy Larkin & Joe Loco LPs. Ya'll even stayed open a little late for me and my friends even though it was past closing time and pouring rain outside. Thanks for that, and welcome to the board!

We've moved since then (WAAAY bigger/better spot). Drop by when you're in town, we got 1000's and 1000's of records now. Listen to the radio show on the site too (hot hot hot). The owner does it once a week.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    hello to all, i am a DJ/Producer from Las Vegas originally from south central Los Angeles. I have been DJing for about 6 years, producing for about 3 years, and lurking for about 2 years. At this point i'm just trying to become more knowledgeable in all genera of music...........Cool...............Peace

http://www.myspace.com/eightbits

• greetings...dj...collector....aficianado,,,

bless the funk

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Hello to all the new peeps. Welcome.

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts
    Hi,
    25 years old, from France.
    I'm into jazz, groovy soundtracks and 60's/70's records in general plus some early 90's hip-hop.
    I check Soul Strut since a couple of years...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

We've moved since then (WAAAY bigger/better spot). Drop by when you're in town, we got 1000's and 1000's of records now. Listen to the radio show on the site too (hot hot hot). The owner does it once a week.

Whaddup U-tizzle,

That Project Pat Remix has been getting thorough rub round here. Dope Track!! Keep em comin.

-T