Mover Strut (Need Recommendations)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I'm moving from the Bay to L.A. at the end of July and need to hire movers. I've only ever hired folks to do a crosstown gig so I'm not sure on who to find for a slightly longer distance. I don't need helping with packing but I do need folks who I can trust will move my records without destroying them and who will have the means to negotiate some challenges with the new spot (i.e. tight corners, stairs, etc.).Any recommendations from folks in Cali?

Comments

• I'm moving from the Bay to L.A. at the end of July and need to hire movers. I've only ever hired folks to do a crosstown gig so I'm not sure on who to find for a slightly longer distance. I don't need helping with packing but I do need folks who I can trust will move my records without destroying them and who will have the means to negotiate some challenges with the new spot (i.e. tight corners, stairs, etc.).

Any recommendations from folks in Cali?

Man, I am moving July 1st and jeezus, is it gonna be gruesome. However, unlike you, I'm just going slightly uptown - good luck negotiating L.A.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Wango

remember whoever you go with, make sure you get the insurance. I used Allied to get from NY to FL and then again to get from FL to TN and they damaged a few rercords (they were told not to put them against the truck walls and a handful of records got some water damage) and they paid up on the value of the records (get the replacement value apprasied by a "reputeable" dealer - jinx, paycheck, etal).

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    They will hate you, O. We just hired dudes to move us 11 blocks last weekend and one guy said, straight up, "We don't ever want to move you again. Everything you own is heavy--it's all records and books! I mean, we're strong and all, but...."

And that, in a nutshell, is you: records and books.

Best of luck. And look into massages for the day after.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    They will hate you, O. We just hired dudes to move us 11 blocks last weekend and one guy said, straight up, "We don't ever want to move you again. Everything you own is heavy--it's all records and books! I mean, we're strong and all, but...."

And that, in a nutshell, is you: records and books.

Best of luck. And look into massages for the day after.

thus the need for insurance. they will be (as they say in the yay) hella pissed.