id: mid 90??s RAP....help

planlessplanless 819 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
the tune came from a funkmaster flex mix in ??94. i heard it no where else so far. i??m sure someone will know it.http://www.sendspace.com/file/x6aq0z

Comments

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    any problems with sendspace?

• nah I listened. Just didn't know. Sounds familiar.

It MIGHT be a joint from this comp on ENY records that came out. Trying to figure it out.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Maybe that??s not the answer to your question, but when I listened to the track I immediately thought about this Charizma & PB Wolf joint, because it sounds somehow similar.

Maybe it??s some kind of remixed instrumental with additional scratching...? However, just guessing and at least found a reason to post this great video.

PS: I love the last "red light"-part, where the dancer on stage has to scratch his nose. Great!

@pied, i dunno who it is, but it??s 100% not charizma or a pbwolf production.

@funkyfla, you don??t know the arist but you know on which label the song was released. ha, crazy. i never knew that ENY droped a rap compilation. but maybe you??re right.

thanks

____

anyone else with some info?

any problems with sendspace?

• @pied, i dunno who it is, but it??s 100% not charizma or a pbwolf production.

@funkyfla, you don??t know the arist but you know on which label the song was released. ha, crazy. i never knew that ENY droped a rap compilation. but maybe you??re right.

thanks

____

anyone else with some info?

Well I have the tracklist somewhere I'm looking now. I say that because it SOUNDS exactly like the guys on there and that style. Can't say for sure though.

I'll post it tonight.

if you remember a song that used the dwyck bassline and the spreadlove drums..(primo used to spin it) that's the comp.

• sorry bro wasn't what i was thinking at all. Been asking around, but so far nothing.

sad news

• listened to it, dont recognize it.

• just an update.. I've still been asking because I'm quite curious now too. I've asked A LOT of very very very knowledgable people.. and NOTHING SO FAR

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    it sucks not being able to ID something

ive been looking for the same song for 9 years wit no luck

ive been looking for the same song for 9 years wit no luck

is it a joke? DAMN!

bump