Options

Best cell phones and service in the world.

edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Cingular and this shitty motorola cell have been getting me vexed.I am ready for an upgrade and am looking to make a worthwhile investment.What new phones out there are durable and get good service??...oh yeah monstu cake for all good replies one lilmonstu

Comments

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Can't go wrong with Nokia, totally solid in all respects... and ,
    any other makes that I've tried have been...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Got this beaut day it came out and have enjoyed it's company for the last year. Believe it's now been upgraded as well. Very nice to have a phone and mp3 player in one plus it's drag and drop with your music files - no shitty conversion.

IMHO prefer the ericsson menu system to modern nokia as well.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    i tear through phones.
    motorolas are indeed hunks of shit,
    and ericssons are as well.
    nokia are acceptable, but i've had
    the best luck by far with samsung mobiles.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    My company uses T-Mobile. We chose them because we have a global business and apparently they work dandy in Europe. T-mobile to T-Mobile phone calls are also free in the US and relatively inexpensive to overseas. They haven't quite conquered all of America yet so their service can be iffy in certain spots.

• Options
    Yeah I wanted the T-mobile Sidekick 2 right when it came out but I couldn't git rid of my Cingular service. (kinda glad i didnt git it though) Also, as you mentioned the areas devoid of T-mobile service are bad news.
    Thanks for the leads I will do some research and get back to you. I doubt the mp3 phone is going to considered heavily. I just want strength, service, and the basic techno features that are considered important and competitive today,.peace
    lilmonstu

brother john off planet earth by cannonball aderly sextet

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Best service is probably in Asia. I'm guessing you can't fuck with their networks... GSM BITCHES!!!

In Toronto, I'm on Fido, which is kewl cause I'm on both their network and Rogers (Who now owns Fido). I get signal almost everywhere now. Cept in my office (Cause it's in a building built like a fucking bomb shelter. Concrete for days).

As far as phones go... I love my shit! I've never been happier with a cell phone. Had it now since Oct. Does everything!

I think I noticed it in a Cosmo blog pic!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Yeah I wanted the T-mobile Sidekick 2 right when it came out but I couldn't git rid of my Cingular service. (kinda glad i didnt git it though) Also, as you mentioned the areas devoid of T-mobile service are bad news.
    Thanks for the leads I will do some research and get back to you. I doubt the mp3 phone is going to considered heavily. I just want strength, service, and the basic techno features that are considered important and competitive today,.peace
    lilmonstu

brother john off planet earth by cannonball aderly sextet

Yes. Stay away from the Side Kix. They are pieces o shit. My wife owned 7, yes 7 in two years.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    related, but not so much...

Since moving up to medium dude status, I'm in need of a PDA/Smartphone/Communicate with the world, a man/woman/baby boy and a girl type device.

Can someone definitively breakdown whats really good on the whole:

Treo -vs- Blackberry -vs- iMate -vs- MotoQ

deal?

• Options
    Yeah what is the jist on those cellular pieces?
    versus like a samsung which everyone says is the best in reguards to flip phones and affordability.
    lilmonstu