Crazy Eights -- Yuichi, holla!

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Adidas is reissuing the KB8 as the "Crazy 8"! sodisrespectfulrightnow You need to take decisive action, dude!Firebomb Adidas HQ or something! No-look behind-the-back Molotov cocktail passes straight through the window!WORK 'EM, SON!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    this is old news my man. but yes, i would think Adidas was just mad cuz he went to Nike. and it would also mark a low point at Adidas, along with futile attempts to break into Nike's dominating market share of basketball shoes. I don't remember a shoe being named with an adjective, ever. ofcourse, Adidas is not too clever in their naming of shoes (i.e. AI's first shoe called "The Question").

i'm sure you know by now, but this is apparently the reason why he switched to 24 on his jersey.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    this is old news my man.

I am disconnected from Adidas products...

this is old news my man.

I am disconnected from Adidas products...

i am too, but yes i heard about it a while ago.

on the subject of shoes, anybody wanna talk about these?

(maybe not in this colorway)

I find it amusing that the Shox technology (esp. in basketball) hasn't really caught on as much Nike wanted it to. This one looks pretty dope with its clean design and all-around Air. not that i'm gonna buy 'em anytime soon...with a pricetag of $160.....long gone are the days when $100 was pushing it.

oh and in other Nike news, i heard that they won't be making any more Vince shoes? i found that to be funny.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i dont know man. i think new basketball shoes are too space-age for my tastes. they look like marty mcfly shoes in back to the future II.

in other news, i just got a pair of vans. man, i forgot how shitty these shoes are. im taking them back.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    ofcourse, Adidas is not too clever in their naming of shoes (i.e. AI's first shoe called "The Question").

wasnt that reebok? or did adidas buy out reebok? who bought converse? is the shoe biz mega merger the new thang?

btw, i play ball in dunk hi's and nike terminator highs, not so much for style as the fact that they are actual hi-tops.

now those new space age ball shoes are getting tooo crazy. if shoe technology has gotten so advanced why does it seem like more and more players suffer from high ankle sprains that require players to be out for 7-14 days... maybe this happened to old school ball players and i never saw it cause i was an 80's baby but it just seems like dudes today cant stand the pain of an ankle sprain.

anyways, playing in converse chuck taylors is

-rich

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    ofcourse, Adidas is not too clever in their naming of shoes (i.e. AI's first shoe called "The Question").

wasnt that reebok? or did adidas buy out reebok? who bought converse? is the shoe biz mega merger the new thang?

Iverson was and is with Reebok, not adidas. Adidas big stars are McGrady, Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan right now. Only McGrady and Garnett really get pushed.

Iverson was and is with Reebok, not adidas.

doh! yup, Reebok. Still both are lower in quality compared to Nike.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Iverson was and is with Reebok, not adidas. Adidas big stars are McGrady, Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan right now. Only McGrady and Garnett really get pushed.

They've also got Gilbert Arenas, Chauncey Billups and *snicker* Sebastian Telfair.

They should do more with Arenas.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

They've also got Gilbert Arenas, Chauncey Billups and *snicker* Sebastian Telfair.

They should do more with Arenas.

Ive never seen anybody wearing KG's kicks.

Most of adidas b ball shoes are fartjuice.
    I did see Antione Walker sporting what I thought were Decades or the other new reissues joints.