record fair

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
It looks like there will be a small record fair at Botanica on Houston and Mulberry this Sunday at 6:00. One of my brazilian sellers who usually has some nice pieces sent me an email. Its free, and hopefully the bar will be open ... and the A/C will be working.

Comments

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i'm djing at it...here's the line-up:

06:00pm dave withers
    06:24 farika (stay gold gallery) freestyle 45 set
    06:48 allen thayer (wax poetics)
    07:12 sheila b
    07:36 dj duckcomb
    08:00 deb daughtry
    08:24 howie wreckhords (aka jason BK, blackkat.org) "fuzzpop" set
    08:48 nydia ines (daptone)
    09:12 dj inbetween
    09:36 Ben Chang
    10:00 saucy
    10:24 Upsetter FC
    10:48 soulcracker
    11:12 reaganomics
    11:36 R-nu

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Should be cool, I know a few people who are setting up with some and some cheapo heat as well.

will good records have a booth? you could just walk over with a crate!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I think I'll stop in because its about a block from my house, but i gotta say I was sorely dissappointed in the FMU record fair earlier this year.

• i'll be the only mexican seller there

I think I'll stop in because its about a block from my house, but i gotta say I was sorely dissappointed in the FMU record fair earlier this year.

there's no comparing this to the wfmu record fair...completely different. this is more of a small, intimate local affair of dealers and the music is usually exclusively soul/funk and garage/punk.

you know what, Im gonna just let that go today.

there's no comparing this to the wfmu record fair...completely different. this is more of a small, intimate local affair of dealers and the music is usually exclusively soul/funk and garage/punk.

a record soiree

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    you know what, Im gonna just let that go today.

i swear to you guys that i had a dream...i was driving and there was a town called Sabadabbada. i was like, "Oh, that's where it comes from." i completely forgot about it until now.

Welcome to Sabadabada

You are now leaving Sabadabada

the record fair was pretty good. I picked up a few records, and it was a good time. Only downside was that I drank to much and am really hungover and the dj who played nothing but the skipping noise at the end of the record mix for an hour straight.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    i'll be the only mexican seller there

Simone Greenberg? Simone? Anyone?