Post An LP That's So Rare Nobody Cares

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Found this one today and it was a pleasant surprise and has to be rare as hell...Dark blues sounds with vocals by "Chi-Chi", Guitar by Joe Stafford and Lorenzo Green on Drums....."T-Bonse Shuffle", "White Soul" and Cruesale-U-Whale" are the highlights....Anyone seen this before???

Comments

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Hey Rich...

Had that a few times...used to turn up a bit up here in the northern Areas...a pretty good record actually, but the masses have yet to find that out.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Hey Rich...

Had that a few times...used to turn up a bit up here in the northern Areas...a pretty good record actually, but the masses have yet to find that out.

Aaron,
    Yep....it says on the back that Bill Beau was from Toronto so I figured if it turned up anywhere it would be up North.....I'm digging it, especially the vocal cuts.

Rich

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    I've been bumping that LP for a solid 15 years.It's a personal Fave,and for some reason always make me want to have a drink.Bill Beau has another record too that I know about,not quite as class as that though.

Chris

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Bill Beau has another record too that I know about,not quite as class as that though.
    Bill Beau is originally from Edmonton, Alberta and moved to LA (from what I know). Perhaps there are two Bill Beau's? Or perhaps they wanted him to be from Toronto insead of Edmonton because we're just country-listening-hicks out here who can't make jazz.

The other LP is called "Bill Beau and Friends" and has a pretty wild cover. Some funky bluesy jazz on it, pretty cool album. Wish I could get a copy.

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    Yeah,That's the other LP I had.I found them both when I still lived in L.A.His second Lp could be confused for a punk Lp based on the cover.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    This is soulstrut. I really doubt there exists an lp thats rare enough for fools here not to care about.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts