Soulstrut becomes spam

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
A non-record-collecting friend just sent me a pdf of "the Worst Album Covers... ever.It was all records that were in a recent soulstrut thread. Devastating Dave, Joyce, organ players with no hands, lots of xian guys acting gay. I know we just had a thread with those covers. Who can find the thread?How did it become email lore?

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Here you go, Wolf:

http://www.gocontinental.com/covers.htm

That "world's worst album covers" thing has been making the rounds for quite a few years now. I don't think Soulstrut originated it, but every time somebody on one of the other e-groups I'm on starts a bad-album-cover thread, I know good and well what's coming: Joyce (the schoolteacher-ish looking lady with the rose and the Jewfro), Orleans (barechested soft-rockers), that cover with the cowboy-looking guy sitting at a table in a restaurant with some lady (titled something like You're 21 Today or Joni's 18th Birthday or some such foolishness), etc..

EDIT: Although I gotta say, the link up above has some covers I haven't seen before, in addition to the basic ones that Ms. Bassie linked just below this post. Either way, enjoy!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    here's a site anyway

Joyce Hearts You

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    here's a site anyway

Joyce Hearts You

Thanks.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I always liked this one...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I always liked this one...

I would be able to enjoy this more if that
    woman on the left didn't have the most frightening
    face I've ever seen. She looks like the love child
    of Carrot-Top & Don Knotts.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Bullshit. This is one of the BEST.

And I like this one, too:

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Wow. I always thought that Millie Jackson's Back to the Sh*t album was the worst cover ever... until I saw this Millie Jackson cover. Please don't make me look into that crystal ball again.

Wow. I always thought that Millie Jackson's Back to the Sh*t album was the worst cover ever... until I saw
    this Millie Jackson cover. Please don't make me look into that crystal ball again.

Wow, Millie MEANT those covers to be gross - she knew they were tasteless - yet everybody takes 'em so seriously...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i love the progression of Jackson's lp covers...from sweet to sassy to sleazy.
    (i didn't do every cover)

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I remember seeing this when I was a little kid (my aunt had this cassette). I used to get sick whenever I would see it.

Thanks for bringing back those painful memories.

Do they STILL make phones like these? The ones where the receiver looked like an old-fashioned pipe? Those are so seventies, it hurts! I think Sylvia may have been posing with a similar phone on the cover of Pillow Talk...but as Z.Z. Top once sang, but now I might be mistaken!

You forgot the best part - on the back cover, there was a bird's-eye shot of an actual toilet stool. According to Millie, the title was really supposed to be Get The Shit Out Of Your System, but Spring Records told her that could not be! So, Get It Outcha System it became.