TTLab taking a cue from dusty? (hyperbole related)

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Lil Flip: Game Over 12"price: $8.00 / item #: hh-2186label: Columbiagame over (flip) - dirty / clean / inst / bounce - dirty / clean / inst - AUDIO COMING SOON!Deadstock promo copies of this B>hard as hell to find single (limited distro probably due to the uncleared video game samples)/B>. "Game Over" is up there with "Time 4 Sum Akshun" for pure adrenaline rushes. Flip! Flip! Flip! Includes instrumental and "Bounce" on the flip.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    that bugged me too... hard to find where???

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    TTLab doesn't make it's living selling $8 12"s to hipsters.

I swear some of you guys should pool your loot and buy a fuck turntablelab banner ad

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I think they mean it is hard for them (the buyers at TTL) to find - i.e. distributors don't have it. If they are overcharging for it, that means they overpaid for it.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    fool i don't give a fuck how they make a "living", BUT THAT IS NOT A RARE 12" end of story.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I think they mean it is hard for them (the buyers at TTL) to find - i.e. distributors don't have it. If they are overcharging for it, that means they overpaid for it.

makes sense, they should probably phrase it as such as to not confuse the audience.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

I swear some of you guys should pool your loot and buy a fuck turntablelab banner ad

For real. I'm amazed they have the time or patience to do writeups on just about every item in their catalog, but I'm glad they do; if not informative, they're almost always interesting.

Besides, if someone buys that Lil Flip 12" on the basis of TTL saying it's "rare," who's really the chump?

fool i don't give a fuck how they make a "living", BUT THAT IS NOT A RARE 12" end of story.

Damn tell em why you're mad!

Soulstrut: where guys get upset at misuse of the word "rare"

They make a living selling 12"s to kids who don't have a record shop in their entire county.

Would you like them to write, "we were overcharged for this, therefore we are passing the cost onto you, the buyer." ???

Good business tactic, that.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I heart TTLAB

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

They make a living selling 12"s to kids who don't have a record shop in their entire county.

word.

i gotta say to the dudes with access to the latest shit and dolla bins for miles why are you even peeping the lab if it only annoys you?

i don't see anybody who has their product on TTL complaining about them thats fer sure.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Damn tell em why you're mad!

because i'm today's victim of the trademark paycheck "you must be a hater who doesn't understand the industry" attack?

i thought they didn't make their living selling records?

Would you like them to write, "we were overcharged for this, therefore we are passing the cost onto you, the buyer." ???

Good business tactic, that.

better than bold face lying. or they don't really have to say anything at all.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

because i'm today's victim of the trademark paycheck "you must be a hater who doesn't understand the industry" attack?

ha thats funny!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

Nothing is better than bold face lying. Just ask the girl I was dating recently who turned out to have a boyfriend. Fucking whore.

-e

• loginlogin 52 Posts

Just trying to cash in on those kids who are on Diplo???s nuts and buy all the same records he uses.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Nothing is better than bold face lying. Just ask the girl I was dating recently who turned out to have a boyfriend. Fucking whore.

-e

Dam that sucks homie. You need to cue up some women-hating soul ballads or that old Chino XL track "Dirty Linen"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Just trying to cash in on those kids who are on Diplo???s nuts and buy all the same records he uses.

Just checking, but isnt lil flip a little bit more well known than diplo? Sure you dont have that backwards or something?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    what you should be looking at is that new missy promo they have

what you should be looking at is that new missy promo they have

Not knowing how the industry works, I'm not surprised that he can't figure out the TTLab website either.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

For real. I'm amazed they have the time or patience to do writeups on just about every item in their catalog, but I'm glad they do; if not informative, they're almost always interesting.

I'm amazed dudes on SoulStrut have the time or patience to do critiques on the writeups on just about every item in their catalog...

I'm amazed dudes on SoulStrut have the time or patience to do critiques on the writeups on just about every item in their catalog...

Oh we do, hon. I mean Myrtle, did you see that unforgivable typo on their listing for the new Common "Corners" remix? "Scareface" indeed! Golly day, I say. Golly day.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Oh we do, hon. I mean Myrtle, did you see that unforgivable typo on their listing for the new Common "Corners" remix? "Scareface" indeed! Golly day, I say. Golly day.

i caught that too

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I fuckin LOVE TTLab...that site is the shiznizzle. I get all types of cool shit I can't find anywhere else cause I don't have a car and Amoeba, although huge, kinda sucks. it's all about that Los Hermanos 12"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i saw some review on there that spelled dj quik "dj quick" and i thought they were going to get shot the fuck up after that.

They do need a search function up in that site though

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dogs, you got a search function when you digging in the crates? that's what i thought.

dogs, you got a search function when you digging in the crates?

Son I thought you knew. Meet my IRL "search function" -

the Ever-Seeking for Marco's Cratefillers team:

You didn't think I found all those "weekend finds" myself did you? (sigh) My rental properties in the Caymans need the hands-on expertise only I can give. I leave the finding of the raers to the ESMC. Give 'em a few Red Bulls and a bag of Doritos and they're good for an entire afternoon. Throw in some Twizzlers on Friday evening and it's guaranteed I'll end up with a holy grail by Sunday night.

dogs, you got a search function when you digging in the crates?

Son I thought you knew. Meet my IRL "search function" -
    the Ever-Seeking for Marco's Cratefillers team:

TheMax

TheMax

Faux Rillz = jealous that my digging team's flow is 10 times nicer than his digging team's.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    TheMax

Faux Rillz = jealous that my digging team's flow is 10 times nicer than his digging team's[/b].

TheMax

Faux Rillz = jealous that my digging team's flow is 10 times nicer than his digging team's[/b].

Look at my digging team. Now look at Marco's. You really think it's credible that I would be jealous of him?