CALL ALL FUNK EXPERTS

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I need your help. I'm looking for the original of a Grandmaster Caz track called "Old School" here is a small snippet:Snippet It reminds me on Average White Band but I hope that someone can tell me whats the right source.And boys, I already but their is nothing and you guys are my family and not them.Did I say family ?? You know what I mean !!!!!Thanks in advancePeaceHawkeyeP.S.If you curious enough you can check my my space account, I uploaded a new funk track of my band Imperial Breed. The song is coming on Melting Pot in july.www.myspace.com/wwwhawkeyedj

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    thats T.L.C. with the average white band pitched +4 or something...

now ima go check your myspace funk!

peace.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

now ima go check your myspace funk!

big up Hawkeye, absolute MURDER!!!

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Thank you for the compliment, and thanks for the AWB tip. I thought of them but I was not confident about it. But this is very intresting. It is the same with Kool & The Gang. AWB and K&TG got a unique and very recognizable sound. I wonder where that comes from.

Recording technique, horn section, engineer, mixing ???

Peace
    Hawkeye

• If its the caz track I think your're on about (can't listen to audio I'm at work) then that horn sample has been lifted from Pleasure's "Lets Dance" from the "Accept No Substitutes" LP

This is the track with the impeach the president break and the barely audible MC's as heard on hear no evil 2?

Its also on UBB vol. 7

http://www.turntablelab.com/assets/audio/8590/46291.ram

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    If its the caz track I think your're on about (can't listen to audio I'm at work) then that horn sample has been lifted from Pleasure's "Lets Dance" from the "Accept No Substitutes" LP

This is the track with the impeach the president break and the barely audible MC's as heard on hear no evil 2?

Its also on UBB vol. 7

To All the Party People. Great track.