MPC 2000 HELP (AGAIN!!!!)

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Sup y'all:I'm still trying to fix my memory problem (supposedly the added memory has been knocked loose and I need to go in and put 'em back in) but every picture/faq manual with a layout I find is for 2000XL, I need the 2000 and I guess the layouts for both machines are different.holler

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    it should be pretty obvious, the slots look exactly like what's inside a pc for memory. You have to put them in at a 45 degree angle, then push upright and hear it snap into place. It requires slight force, but not too hard (insert treat em like a lady joke here).

also, remember to ground yourself or you'll fry your mpc.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    it should be pretty obvious,[/b] the slots look exactly like what's inside a pc for memory. You have to put them in at a 45 degree angle, then push upright and hear it snap into place. It requires slight force, but not too hard (insert treat em like a lady joke here).

also, remember to ground yourself or you'll fry your mpc.

you're talking to somebody who doesn't even have a dvd player or a computer at his home. SHOW SOME 'SPECT, SHUN!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    do you have your manual still, it shows you which screws to unwind to open eet up.

http://www.mpc2000xl.com/memory_install.htm

it'll look rike this, w/ two slots for the two 16mb dimms to go into.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Here's the manual, with OS 1.72 (which i think is the latest) in there too, just in case you need either.