VUARNET THE HARD WAY

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
http://colorradio.blogspot.com/is this what doo wop heads look like? i need a make over. anyways, this dudes webpage is pretty awesome.

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Ebay PT3 Other Stuff
    Thinking about bidding or trying to bid outside of Ebay? It's risky, and prohibited, but it still happens quite a bit. I actually had people email their bids outside of Ebay during an auction. They wanted me to close the auction and sell it to them. All I would lose is the listing fees, and there would be no final value charges. You can do it, but you better be certain that the price is right. Sellers, you have little to lose. The buyer pays you and the record gets shipped. Buyers, you hope the record gets shipped. My suggestion: Unless it is an outrageous deal, don't do it. You could try and add a "Buy It Now" with the proposed price, and have that person use it. That way you stay with Ebay, and no one gets mad. And, do you know what an amazing deal is? Have you done your research to see what that item has sold for?
    -

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    right.

i was talking more about the music and not the handy dandy ebay tips.

go here instead

http://www.colorradio.com

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    How DO you identify your records? It used to be that if you took them to a friends house or a party, they could easily get mixed up with the other 45's. You might just come home with some unexpected treasures, or worse, be short a few of your own. There was a solution, and it was easy. Put your name on the label. Simple. That way you know who it belongs to, and the record still sounds the same. In the record collecting hobby, that is a no-no. Back then however, it helped to keep your records, umm, well,yours. From the looks of this page, eventually YOUR records went missing. That's right. If you didn't dispose of them, someone else gave them away, took them to the swap meet or had a garage sale. And they probably didn't share the proceeds, did they? To add insult to injury, I bought them! Take a look on this page for your long lost record. If you find it, rest assured that it's in a good home now, properly sleeved, and no longer on the party circuit. If those 45's could talk I'm sure the stories told would be interesting, and likely quite embarrassing for you. In their absence, I will tell a few of my own. Oh, and before I forget, I want to offer you my sincere thanks for helping me build my record collection.....at your expense.

-

this page, i really like !