Fats Theus "Blackout" asking price?

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
For a promo copy, anyone?

Comments

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    $59.99

• $59.99
    Are you being serious or joking? Also, how is the album? I haven't heard it, but saw it at a store for fifteen bucks for the promo.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    yes. serious as a heart attack. dope dope funky jazz in the style of prestige/bluenote funk recorded by rudy van gelder. cop it! stein. . .

• yes. serious as a heart attack. dope dope funky jazz in the style of prestige/bluenote funk recorded by rudy van gelder. cop it! stein. . .
    Thanks for the info. I really don't know why i passed on it in the first place. Good thing i stashed it in the classical section.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    yes. serious as a heart attack. dope dope funky jazz in the style of prestige/bluenote funk recorded by rudy van gelder. cop it! stein. . .

Hmmm, yes it has all the players of that period, Grant Green, Idris Muhammad and so on. I find to be a bit boring and bluesy, though. Hardly ever listen to it. OK version of ""Stone Flower" and a funky track called "Check It Out". But the cover is dope!

• Are you being serious or joking? Also, how is the album? I haven't heard it, but saw it at a store for fifteen bucks for the promo.
    fifteen bucks?

no brainer, go back and get it as soon as they open

if you don't like it, you can sell it for twice that amount on the low end.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    59.99? geez, that record used to be much cheaper.

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts

Hmmm, yes it has all the players of that period, Grant Green, Idris Muhammad and so on. I find to be a bit boring and bluesy, though. Hardly ever listen to it. OK version of ""Stone Flower" and a funky track called "Check It Out". But the cover is dope!
    Fats Theus_check it out..

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts