chicago: help needed for a soul meeting

Dj_Coma_ToastDj_Coma_Toast 874 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Its Saturday June 3rd, at a bar/club. 8-11. looking for someone to split a 3 hour set of late 60s/early 70s soul/funk 45s (raer through radiotunes). Its a benefit for a theater company thats putting on a production about New York in the 1960s. pretty casual (no club idiots or playlist pressure. free reign. no setup they got a booth. early out). should be a good time and could turn into a steady gig. Its at a new spot and i believe theyre looking for Dj's. Chicago heads, If youre into it PM me for more details.help a strutter out!

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I love DJing that stuff and I'll actually be in Chicago that night with those kinds of records for the event below. Maybe a gang of us could help out. PM me.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I might be free. I've been waiting to play Eddie Kirk at some sweaty, climactic moment. But ModChic-A-Go-Go is calling.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I going to try to make it out to that Saturday event at The Note.

• tirefiretirefire 203 Posts
    Its Saturday June 3rd, at a bar/club. 8-11. looking for someone to split a 3 hour set of late 60s/early 70s soul/funk 45s (raer through radiotunes). Its a benefit for a theater company thats putting on a production about New York in the 1960s. pretty casual (no club idiots or playlist pressure. free reign. no setup they got a booth. early out). should be a good time and could turn into a steady gig. Its at a new spot and i believe theyre looking for Dj's. Chicago heads, If youre into it PM me for more details.

help a strutter out!

What bar is this? I might be interested in coming out.

• thanks for the replies. Its great that people are down to come through in a time of need for a fellow strutter. i know its open to the public but the tickets may be expensive. Its a benefit with food and an open bar, though we may get a few guests. more info as it comes.