early Too $hort cassettes on 75 Girls

showandtellshowandtell 97 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
looking for any/all info on too short's early oakland, CA cassettes for upcoming site. any discogrophy info (titles, cat #s, track lists) and/or scans would be appreciated. thanks. WILL

Comments

• thanks. is the casette discog complete? i looked through the 75 girls singles and they only have 2 posted. -WILL

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    thanks. is the casette discog complete? i looked through the 75 girls singles and they only have 2 posted. -WILL

I don't know how many 12" came out on 75 girls, but those are all the tapes. I doubt there was more than the 2 singles.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    The OG's are on solid white cassettes. Later pressings are on transparent ones. The first run of Players just has a drawing of the playboy bunny on the cover, but was replaced by the picture of Short that you see in that discography.

In addition to the two 12"s listed on that site, there's also for "Players". And there is an earlier(?) pressing of the "Girl" 12" that has "Short Rapp" instead of "Whip It" on the flip.

Don't Stop Rappin came out on LP. The cover has gold text on a black background.

• thanks, the cassette number's gotta be right but noone here in oakland knows! i've had 3 of his 75 girls 12" singles though plus the maxi single. -WILL

• The OG's are on solid white cassettes. Later pressings are on transparent ones. The first run of Players just has a drawing of the playboy bunny on the cover, but was replaced by the picture of Short that you see in that discography.

In addition to the two 12"s listed on that site, there's also for "Players". And there is an earlier(?) pressing of the "Girl" 12" that has "Short Rapp" instead of "Whip It" on the flip.

Don't Stop Rappin came out on LP. The cover has gold text on a black background.

thanks. please tell me how you came to know all these cassette details - i'm real curious. and i THOUGHT i'd had four 12"s off the 75 label. appreciate info a lot.