Montreal shops

SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I'm heading up to Montreal this weekend with Lewis to check out the Anarchist book fair, visit my girlfriend, etc. Anyway, I've yet to find a good shop that stocks contemporary soul & funk releases. I've found the used shops have their moments (I honestly prefer Ottawa overall ... oddly enough) and I'm sure to hit some up, but I have yet to find a shop that stocks a decent amount of newer shizz. I'm looking to pick up the Afrodizz LP (Montreal based afrobeat ... less than you might expect). I know Cheap Thrills, Atom Heart, Marche du Disque, L'Echange, Pop Shop, and a couple of others I can't recall ... is there a shop that might be analogous to Kim's ?

Comments

• Options
    If you can't find the LP, let me know. I'm friends with John Kong - the guy whom owns/runs Afro Dizz's label, Do Right! - sure we can hook you up.

K.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Cool. Appreciated. You checking out Tom Noble's night Saturday. Not even sure of the info ... my girlfriend has that covered ... but it should be pretty serious.

• Options
    ttp://www.ducktape.ca/

This page should help you out with all that's ill...and no, I'll likely be at my cottage this weekend (May "2" "4", eh). Say hi to Tom for me.

I had to do some research to figure out the Victoria Day reference. Americans ...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm heading up to Montreal this weekend with Lewis to check out the Anarchist book fair, visit my girlfriend, etc. Anyway, I've yet to find a good shop that stocks contemporary soul & funk releases. I've found the used shops have their moments (I honestly prefer Ottawa overall ... oddly enough) and I'm sure to hit some up, but I have yet to find a shop that stocks a decent amount of newer shizz. I'm looking to pick up the Afrodizz LP (Montreal based afrobeat ... less than you might expect).

I know Cheap Thrills, Atom Heart, Marche du Disque, L'Echange, Pop Shop, and a couple of others I can't recall ... is there a shop that might be analogous to Kim's ?

Take a cab out to Musidisque in Pont Claire... thousands of LPs, nice staff.

• Yes, highly recommended.

Pointe-Claire = WEST SIDE of Montreal. You can't walk to there from downtown (cab).

Here's all the infos you need:

Musiquest
    514-426-0876
    63E Donegani Avenue,
    Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 2V9

Take a cab out to Musidisque in Pont Claire... thousands of LPs, nice staff.

• I think you're being sent on a wild goose chase...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I think you're being sent on a wild goose chase...

Send French Canadian Raer

My girlfriend grew up around Pt. Claire. I'd looked up the address and she recognized the street and all. Getting there will be no problem. Thanks for the info! And Tom Noble's night ... he PM'd Lewis that the dancers do backflips. I'll be sure to wear protective clothing.