Ebay seller Numerogroup, WTF, Chicago heads

NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
What's up guys. Are any of you familiar with Tree Records out of Chicago aka K. Shipley? (name sounds reeeeally familiar) He also has a website: www.limitedaddition.com ......and his ebay name is: numerogroup. I recently won a record from him and then when it arrived, it was packaged in a flimsy paperboard container reminiscent of a manila envelope. The record was smashed into 2 jagged shards, and the cover was torn (from the record fragments banging around). I was shocked that this could be an actual record dealer and that this is an acceptable method of packing. There are some additional variables which weirded me out. Check this out......here is the auction I won: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N%3AIT&rd=1 and then another, only one day later: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4877763858 Read the descriptions, and check out the feedback that was left for the other record. I emailed the seller 3 times and received no response, strange since his feedback is great. I plan to file a paypal claim today. If any of you know who this guy/company is, maybe you can ask him WTF was he thinking and tell him to respond to me. Thanks

Comments

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    Dude posts on this board...

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Screenname?

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    http://www.numerogroup.com/ ...Same people? i am thinking it probably is. i had a post about them a little while back, i didnt realize their digital dig was a download service and thought they had some wild 45s going for a buck each.

He posted a reply in that thread, i dont remember the name though. Numero?

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    TNG

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    The people at Numero and they strike me as busy, but not cheats. They just put out the "belize boil up" so this is probably tail end of what the dug up.

Why don't you request contact info from ebay, then call doud. I'm amazed how often people make posts like this without even getting in touch with the seller. Isn't it easier to send an email or dial a phone than sling mud.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Nite Krawler-

Just sent you an email. The bay and I have been at odds on how best to change a very old email address, I keep requesting, they keep ignoring. That said, apologies for the POs horrendous treatment of the record. I've seen some maimings before, but what you're describing sounds like one for the books. I've got another copy and will send it out ASAP, PM or regular M me your address.

Best,
    KS

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    shipping records without any cardboard or protective packaging =

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Isn't it easier to send an email or dial a phone than sling mud.

actually no i dont think so. ive put fools on blast here that werent even on this board and found cats that gave me info on how to find them and get my cash. really yo... ive had cats knock on doors overseas for me because of this board as well.

soulstrut is the BEST! i love you all...

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

actually no i dont think so. ive put fools on blast here that werent even on this board and found cats that gave me info on how to find them and get my cash. really yo... ive had cats knock on doors overseas for me because of this board as well.

But this was probably after you couldn't get in touch with them, right?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

But this was probably after you couldn't get in touch with them, right?

you mean after they (and their families) AVOIDED me... yes. nevertheless folks on the board are quick to lend a helping hand when kids wanna take the records and run. soulstrut has proven better than any other website for this reason.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Nite Krawler-

Just sent you an email. The bay and I have been at odds on how best to change a very old email address, I keep requesting, they keep ignoring. That said, apologies for the POs horrendous treatment of the record. I've seen some maimings before, but what you're describing sounds like one for the books. I've got another copy and will send it out ASAP, PM or regular M me your address.

Best,
    KS
    Glad we could work this out on here, I feel much better about it now.

Thanks for the help guys.