SOUL STRUT DOWNTIME

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
As you all may know, SS has been experiencing more than normal down time within the last 6 months (PAP DAY FIASCO WAS THE LAST STRAW!). I just wanted to let every one know that I am on the case and exploring my options. The tech support at my current host have been a nightmare. So , please bare with me as I get this mess straightened out.

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Take a look at interland.com for your hosting. They have top notch 24 hour support. I've used them dozens of times on different hosting projects. Not sure what your bandwidth use is like but they have pretty reasonable prices. Certainly not the cheapest though.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I need a dedicated server of some sort, preferably managed.

Huh, looks like interland.com got bought out. That's a shame. Oh, well.

Just an Update: I have purchased a dedicated package from a new company that has gotten good reviews and guarentees 100% up-time

So, it will take me a little bit to get this site moved over there and tested. Greener pastures await.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Just an Update: I have purchased a dedicated package from a new company that has gotten good reviews and guarentees 100% up-time

So, it will take me a little bit to get this site moved over there and tested. Greener pastures await.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Interland still exists as web.com - I was already with interland and just got shifted over, doesn't seem that different although now the help is outsourced.... :/

My current host's tech support is run by Hungarian teenagers who recite from a knowledge base.

That is -- if they respond or pick up the phone. Stay away from www.1and1.com

My current host's tech support is run by Hungarian teenagers who recite from a knowledge base.

I had a slightly better experience with the Indian subcontinent although I did have to explain very carefully what my problem was so as not to get a form response...

Interland still exists as web.com - I was already with interland and just got shifted over, doesn't seem that different although now the help is outsourced.... :/

You doing anything with your website? It's http://www.goodrecordsnyc.com/ right?

yes.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

This is who I use... did I recommend them to you? Sorry if I did... I've never had problems, but my site is

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Two fridays in a row??? When is the switch?

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    1and1.com = 1und1.de that's actually a German company. A lot of people over here use them (including me) and they seem to do a good job but I can't speack for their international tech support.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

This is who I use... did I recommend them to you? Sorry if I did... I've never had problems, but my site is

yeah i use 1and1 as well.. twas recomended by numerous strutters..including Raj as i recall... nevwer had any trouble.. and they are cheap

Two fridays in a row??? When is the switch?

As fast as I can move it to the new server. 1 month, topps.

I'm shooting for this weekend to switch servers. It has not been easy, especially because this board alone has almost a gig's worth of SQL data... and some of the code for the site is not compatible with PHP 5.0. We shall prevail!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I can't wait, cause this shit is becoming ridiculous! I couldn't get on most of yesterday til later in the night and today I've been having probs.

I pay to post here!!!