MORE EBAY MADNESS

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
FUNNY/SAD
This is a must have for record lovers!
These are 129 Different opera records from 1940 to 1970.
The reason the shipping is so expensive is because of the total combined weight.
Starting bid: US $550,000.00
price: US $1,400,000.00
The reason the price is so high is because the records are worth that amount,but also because Ebay take a large amount the selling price.
These records are what my mother wants me to sell, she has stage 3 Alzheimers Desasise,
She has asked me to sell them, that way she won't have to worry about the her care in home now, and funeral costs when she dies.
These are records in mint condition, and will be a huge investment in the future

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    OK, you didn't like that one -
    how about...can you name the ROCK BLUES & JAZZ
    records in this auction??

--click it foll

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    the more folls like this there are, the more ebay's stock goes up. posting fees are the goldmine.

why do SO many people fail to do any research before listing? It borders on willful ignorance, because its so easy to run a 30 day completed check and see whats been selling and what does and doesnt work. yikes.

• why do SO many people fail to do any research before listing? the more folls like this there are, the more ebay's stock goes up.

There's a theory that eBay plants sellers like this out there to encourage a snowball effect of activity such as this...

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    If I'm not wrong this is the second time he tries to sell those records, and it seems that he didn't learn from the first time.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    If I'm not wrong this is the second time he tries to sell those records, and it seems that he didn't learn from the first time.

I believe he also sold some propery or real estate and used the same photos for different places....

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    It looks like the seller is using broken English. Maybe the listings are meant to be in Lira?

These are some other confusing ones from the same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41063&item=8258914392

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=102550&item=5665549188

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41063&item=8258913179

The fullest memory card space ever. This is one helluva memory stick! this thing will last for miles!!!!!!!!

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

crazy enough....i think this is the 3rd or 4th time this seller has tried these items. They have been on and off for months..guy is going broke in straight listing fees.....

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

crazy enough....i think this is the 3rd or 4th time this seller has tried these items. They have been on and off for months..guy is going broke in straight listing fees.....

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

This is a big memory unit

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    one bidder hit the buy it now button on one of her auctions where the price was $1,875,000 for five opera records.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1588&item=4838003907

this person was probably stoned and retracted. so she left negative feedback

because this bidder didn't pay the $1.8 million he/she owed her

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    May you Have good bidding.

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts

This is a big memory unit

• Rob_SevierRob_Sevier 150 Posts
    The reason the price is so high is because the records are worth that amount,but also because Ebay take a large amount the selling price.

If you would like more information Please call 1-908-907-2357 and I will give you any information you would like.

These records are what my mother wants me to sell, she has stage 3 Alzheimers Desasise,

She has asked me to sell them, that way she won't have to worry about the her care in home now, and funeral costs when she dies.

Unfortunately, they probably haven't even gotten the bill yet. How many thousands of dollars in listing fees will that be? I couldn't find it on the eBay site offhand.

Actually, it doesn't look like the fees keep increasing after a $500 opening price, so these auctions cost only $5.05 to list with the buy-it-now feature.

Still...

• If I'm not wrong this is the second time he tries to sell those records, and it seems that he didn't learn from the first time.

Unfortunately, they probably haven't even gotten the bill yet. How many thousands of dollars in listing fees will that be? I couldn't find it on the eBay site offhand.

I think that's roughly a $20,000 listing fee - isn't it about 4%? I don't think it's long before we'll see "no longer a registered user" beside his handle.... ebay foll #1.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    Listing Fees

$500.00 or more --- $4.80

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
    I thought you had to pay fees only when someone payed for an item?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

You have to pay listing fees just to put to something on there

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

you have to pay to list and pay if your item gets sold. And then you have to pay again if you receive your payment via Paypal, which basically is Ebay.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I spat all over my monitor when I clicked on that link.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Reply by donnaz424: I am very dissapointed with this buyer's shill bidding.
    Reply by donnaz424: This was a bad transaction after I found out about the shill bidding.

Reply by donnaz424: This was a horrible transaction

Reply by donnaz424: This was a very bad transaction, buyer didn't wait long enough for the item.

no longer a registered user

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Reply by donnaz424: I am very dissapointed with this buyer's shill bidding.
    Reply by donnaz424: This was a bad transaction after I found out about the shill bidding.

Reply by donnaz424: This was a horrible transaction

Reply by donnaz424: This was a very bad transaction, buyer didn't wait long enough for the item.

no longer a registered user
    That is so strange. The buyer leaves a positive feedback, which leads me to believe that he/she was satisfied with the item. The seller than replies with the above stated remarks