NBA PAPOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

dreas_heardrumsdreas_heardrums 686 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
In hommage to PapMost's NBA thread, lets extend this shit for the Pap Day.Pistons over the Cavs...

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    BAN.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

We came back for your ass, b*tch!!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I am still very worried for you guys.... Detroit has no answer for Lebron.... if he goes blackout in game 7 it will be a wrap... yall played a good game and got the buckets where they counted but for a while there Detroit was looking S O F T .... getting banged around when yall supposed to be the ones doing the banging... and whining instead of playing....

Good game though. I hope Detroit pulls through, although it would be sick to see Lebron go to the finals his first year in the playoffs.

I am still very worried for you guys.... Detroit has no answer for Lebron.... if he goes blackout in game 7 it will be a wrap... yall played a good game and got the buckets where they counted but for a while there Detroit was looking S O F T .... getting banged around when yall supposed to be the ones doing the banging... and whining instead of playing....

Good game though. I hope Detroit pulls through, although it would be sick to see Lebron go to the finals his first year in the playoffs.

It's gonna be another heavy one. There are some major problems that need to be ironed out before tomorrow afternoon, for sure. I'm not concerned about LeBron. I'm worried about rebounds. Ben has been getting out hustled on the boards (both offensive and defensive). The only reason we won last night's game was our ability to grab the ball after missed shots in the 4th, in which I heard we had 8 offensive rebounds. Obviously the last 3 that came at the end of the 4th were CRUCIAL!

The other thing that needs to be fixed is our inside scoring. There have been numerous instances when Ben gets a board and instead of putting it right back in, he kicks it back out to Rip or Tay for a short jumper. THAT IS SOFT ACTION. DUNK THAT SH*T!!! Gotta give props to the Cavs though for keeping their zone and not allowing drives to the hoop, and I can't even remember the last time I saw an oop! We used to king those during the regular season!

LeBron is the least of my concern for Sunday. Actually, we've been overplaying him in the first place. Everytime down the court we double up on him and he makes the sweet pass to Verajo or Illy on the inside for the easy score. LeBron will get his. It's everybody else that we need to keep an eye on.

The atmosphere in the D is going to be RIDICULOUS for Game 7. Our record at home is magnificient. We just need to fix those problems inside and stick to playing Piston basketball and get the Cavs off our jock.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    dp pulled through, but what really worries me isnot bron bron... but the pistons coverage of the defensive glass. the first .25 was all about dishing to gooden on the inside.... those last 3 o-boards were

sunday will be international.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Thing is you cannot have it both ways... either you collapse on Lebron and he dishes out or you sweat the perimeter and Lebron will slice the post in half... I liked Wallace's D on Lebron in the post... but he was slicing and dicing the double and triple teams with ease... Rip was no match for him, better to go with Prince I think... as has been mentioned by the commentators he has not even had a real "lights out" night against the Pistons... if he does on Sunday it will be a wrap... trust me... Detroit's offense is not looking hard enough to comp dude if he has a 40-50 point game... and of course then the defense will focus on Lebron, enabling other players to score.... don't get me wrong, I (mostly) want the Pistons to win...only because I hate the Heat... but I wouldn't brush off Lebron so easily... and yes the rebounding was soft serve until the fourth quarter... very un-Piston-like... I am stoked for Sunday's game

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Greg Anthony speculated that there might be something wrong in the Pistons' lockeroom, which is why they've been playing so out of character.

Also, Flip Saunders might be like the East Coast Rick Adelman........

• Greg Anthony speculated that there might be something wrong in the Pistons' lockeroom, which is why they've been playing so out of character.

Also, Flip Saunders might be like the East Coast Rick Adelman........

both of these statements might be true. bottom line is that detroit needs to put all that aside and realize the talent and depth of their squad and start playing some real ball again, not this shit i've been seeing the past 4 games!

i want another det/SA finals match up where detroit returns the favor, serving the spurs in 7. i know many people would like to see something new (as would i kinda) but as a pistons fan, you know the deal.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i want another det/SA finals match up where detroit returns the favor, serving the spurs in 7. i know many people would like to see something new (as would i kinda) but as a pistons fan, you know the deal.

I'm sorry but the way theyve played against the CAVS is not what I want to see in the NBA FINALS. I know cats want their "revenge" , but the league seems to be turning a corner w/ new blood..........Clippers/Cavaliers/Mavericks.

Larry Brown Pistons > Flip Saunders Pistons.

One thing I hate iz the new non-basketball heads jumpin on the Cav bandwagon.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

Flip Season Pistons > Flip Playoffs Pistons.

at least as of late...things really need to change game 7.

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts
    pistons got complacent big time. this should be the kick in the ass they need to get it going, but since the second half of the regular season they've been a little bit on again off again. they didn't take the cavs seriously (well, it looks like everybody underestimated lebron, if that was even possible) and now their backs are against the wall. i still think they'll win but they need to quit the talk, quit bitching to the refs so damn much, and get back to what made them so good in the first place. i don't know whether it's on coaching or the players, but it looks like they're kind of freestyling a bit more than they used to on both ends. that loose shit works reg. season but not when the games come down to a few possessions down the stretch.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I am stoked for Sunday's game (because it will be the first opportunity to catch this series on national t.v.)

Cleveland is mighty capable. Detroit will have the crowd on their back, and more than anything, poise under pressure built from the championship experience.

NEXT!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

the boys are back in town