Toronto folks...record show this weekend

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
For anyone who cares....at The Gladstone this Saturday. I will be selling, as i believe K from Canada will be, and other folks. Should be pretty good. I'll be starting to sell some of the 1500 library records that I got this week, as well as some hip-hop and a copy of the WILBUR NILES THRUST TOO.Who's comin'?

Comments

• Options
    I'll def be there as will:

MOss and Attic sharing a table

A Man Called Warwick and
    Senor Vishal - these 2 will be packing the afro/latin/jazz dance heat

Harper - he'll be blowing out some reggae, and seeing he has one of the best collections in the world - take note. Needs room in his apartment.

Steve Milo - crazy uber hyper punk/Canadian rock head - told to bring some heavy psyche pieces for Moss (and whomever else)

Alex from Acid records

dude from Inertia.com

a slight chance of a Mike Gallina siting

Medicine Man (CIUT host)

Dj Grasshopper - caught some serious West Indian heat off this guy int he past.

Palma - rare groove hip hop etc

Dan Zacks - our own Danno3000 will be around despite not having given me a call in the month or so he's been home

Jon Sikich - jazz/reggaendy stuff - may have a couple psyche 'tings

myself - i'm sure y'all know what I sell

...and about 10-15 other dealers I have no clue who the fuck they are. eBay handles unmasked.

K in Canada.

• Options
    My friend from CTV news is coming to cover it!

K.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Dope record show today......

A few strut heads were there and a few were awol. Lots of good records to be had at reasonable prices, and I cleared out a few crates.

Fun for all.............

• Options
    Got a call for a collection for someone moving back to Jamaica on Sunday, couldn't pass it up adn was zonked by the time I hauled it home at 12:00.

Glad it was fun. Did the film crew show up? I heard my sisters were there (I'd forgotten I told them to come by .

K.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Got a call for a collection for someone moving back to Jamaica on Sunday, couldn't pass it up adn was zonked by the time I hauled it home at 12:00.

Glad it was fun. Did the film crew show up? I heard my sisters were there (I'd forgotten I told them to come by .

K.

DUDE.......you bailed on your sisters????? That is true record devotion !!!!!!!!!! I didn't meet them if they were there. Everybody seemed to sell a fair amount of stuff. Your reggae action would have gone down well. No TV cameras showed up. Met Dano from the strut....dude is very cool. Looks like your scores from the jazz / 45 collection were worth it..........

• Options
    It was a casually scheduled meeting - I'm taking them to brunch later today.

Dino and Chuck Boom were saying there wasn't much reggae there. I guess Harper not bringing any records and just coming to by changed things.

Glad you did well.

How did Milo do?

K.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    record show was nice!

finally met moss & attic , both had some serious heat (los van van son!)

finally met Danno, and let me tell you.. he made my day. I flip through his 'Raer' crate and pull out a copy of 'Everybody Love's the Sunshine' (which I still didn't have, for whatever reason) , and I tell him I am so happy he has it and that I'll buy it right away. Dan proceeds to tell me "You can have it man, just take it."

That shit is awesome right there.

Record Karma is strong with mr danno

got a couple cool records, didn't go too crazy.. finally grabbed Atmosfear - dancing in outer space, which i've wanted for a minute.

also met strutter , gordon catrell ?? (I might have the name slightly wrong) , who had some nice records and is a good guy

my first spin out last night 'Everybody Loves the sunshine' , thanks d

big up to General eclectic too , he hooked me up with some cool stuff and the Footprints party was pretty hot, the ratio of girls to guys was like 3 to 1.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    It was a casually scheduled meeting - I'm taking them to brunch later today.

Dino and Chuck Boom were saying there wasn't much reggae there. I guess Harper not bringing any records and just coming to by changed things.

Glad you did well.

How did Milo do?

K.

Milo was happy....finally glad to get those 12's out from his basement. Good guy that Milo, and I hadn't seen him in a few years. Catalist....that was a nice score on the Atmosphere...good price too. My man Jeff hooked you up proper. Double true on Danno being good people....i owe that cat a beer for the good turn he did me. As a matter of fact....all strutters from the show are all welcome to come to chez tuneup for a "listen to some tunes...drink some beer" festival at some point in the near future.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I'm out of town right aboot nooo, too bad I missed this.

sounds fun.