Korean Pressings? Please school me.

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
i just won a cheap auction for these Korean pressings...anyone know where i can read up on foreign presses and such to become more knowledgeable on the product. i did the minimum bid and didnt expect to win. Glad i did, but i'd like to school myself a bit. The auction said they were rare but had a starting (and ending) bid of $1.99.

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    i just won a cheap auction for these Korean pressings...anyone know where i can read up on foreign presses and such to become more knowledgeable on the product. i did the minimum bid and didnt expect to win. Glad i did, but i'd like to school myself a bit. The auction said they were rare but had a starting (and ending) bid of $1.99.

what are you trying to find out about them? They're good records... not going to be worth any more than the US pressings though. Prolly even less since they're not full color, and most likely the shitty paper jackets. If they had alternate covers, it might be worth a bit more to collectros. Nice to see that Koreans got imports of these records though.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    The colors had me curious because it gives me the impression that the majority are made by the same people even though all of the records originals were from different record labels. Maybe that's the case, one company doing most of the imports?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I have a korean meters' s/t. i think a lot of soldiers in vietnam came back w/ these.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Some of these (non-Japanese) Asian pressings from back in the day are so shitty that I'm assumed they were boots... I mean, with the poorly translated lyrics on the back, the monotone sleeves...

Generally they're worth very little, but these are better than average titles