European Soulstrut Meeting THIS SUMMER

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
So I just had this idea... how about a Soulstrut Euraer Meeting later this summer? Europeans with 1,641+ posts that actually collect records ONLY. No hip hop, no DJs, no sunglasses, no ugly sneakers allowed. no producers or people with myspace sites, please. it would be cool, if you could play frisbee.

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    starting off slow again... i wasn't seriuos about the sneakers... no sandals though! djs can play hip hop. but please make sure that it was released between 09/93 and 10/93, ok? golden era ONLY.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    starting off slow again... i wasn't seriuos about the sneakers... no sandals though! djs can play hip hop. but please make sure that it was released between 09/93 and 10/93, ok? golden era ONLY.

I b there with a bag full of souls of mischief 93 til infinity and pete rock "reminisce" (I know, it's from 92) and will play both songs on&on after each other for about -let's say- 2 hours...will you kick em in the grill then, Grope?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I be there with a bag full of souls of mischief 93 til infinity and pete rock "reminisce" (I know, it's from 92) and will play both songs on&on after each other for about -let's say- 2 hours...will you kick em in the grill then, Grope?

fo' schnitzel

I be there with a bag full of souls of mischief 93 til infinity and pete rock "reminisce" (I know, it's from 92) and will play both songs on&on after each other for about -let's say- 2 hours...will you kick em in the grill then, Grope?

fo' schnitzel

ha, i love fo schnitzel

gotta go now to look at the house next street that's burning down, it got kicked in the grill, will be back for the summer meeting latest!

peace,

dojah

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

So I just had this idea...

Yeah...

No hip hop

Huh! No "me"

no DJs, no sunglasses

No "me"

no ugly sneakers allowed

No "the other dude"

no producers or people with myspace sites, please.

No "me"

it would be cool, if you could play frisbee.

Baptman plays frisbee, of course... LOL

B.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    hiphop
    DJ
    sunglasses
    ugly snakers
    producer
    myspace
    frisbee

5 out of 7, not too bad!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    see, there are NO Europeans on this board who post. where are thou?

stupid lurkers get the , fo' schnitzzzel.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    sorry, I don't have the required number of posts plus my sneakers are begining to get ugly (plus they smell a little bit)...

• LanceLinkLanceLink 21 Posts

Grope, wann und vor allem wo soll??s denn stattfinden ??

Beginning of August, first weekend, city of cologne! BBQ, Records, and Party with the Disco Diamant Sound from fellow Strutter Scope. After that road trips with Grope to the Frankfurt area and/or everything else!

peace,

sticky dojah

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

oh, ein neuer. hier bei mir in marburg. harhar! keine ahnung. k??ln? hamburg? stuttgart?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    sorry, I don't have the required number of posts plus my sneakers are begining to get ugly (plus they smell a little bit)...

i won't sniff at your sneakers. so just make sure they look good.

oh, i forgot, NO MEAT. vegans only. vegetarians = ice ice baby

oh, ein neuer. hier bei mir in marburg. harhar! keine ahnung. k??ln? hamburg? stuttgart?

Ha! On Grope's balcony

no, for real, we were talking about cologne...what's up with that?

• If I was Europe way would be there with bells on. During my 2003 trip to Europe unearthed a nice stash of hip hop vinyl. Though of all the places dug in, I think the most gems were found in Vienna, one really cool store there owned by a family who let me have whatver I wanted at 1 euro a piece... I don't know if it was the portable I had with me or the charm of the aussie accent, but hey, no complaints!

I'm sure you guys will have a real blast!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    MAN i would love to come, meet all my soulstrut hommies

wine and dine, have a taste of that good german cooking

maybe even say gutentag to some of the locals

unfortunately im in a the process of moving to a new apartment around that time and i'll be very busy movin you know what...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

hmmmmmmm, cheyenne's coming. what a rekkid. you my 'ommie!!!

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I wanna go but all I have is the frisbee!

Oh well

- J

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Hey Grope I was up for it the last time you suggested it too, but then you backed out, backed in and backed out again. I mean, if it's definetely on, and I'll be able to make it on the proposed date, I'm coming. Are you absolutely sure about it this time? No moodswings ?

Hey Grope I was up for it the last time you suggested it too, but then you backed out, backed in and backed out again. I mean, if it's definetely on, and I'll be able to make it on the proposed date, I'm coming. Are you absolutely sure about it this time? No moodswings ?

Yo m_dejean, the plan was to meet in the cologne area around the first weekend in August. i think that was still the concensus. I don't care how many people are coming, if Grope backs out again (which I don't hope), but we should make it happen. All I can say is that Scope from Cologne (he hasn't been here for a long time, but I will see him on the weekend) is still up for it and we could arrange at least a bbq, a party at night and some recordshop trips. Don't know about overnight stays and all that though...

peace,

s. dojah

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Yo m_dejean, the plan was to meet in the cologne area around the first weekend in August. i think that was still the concensus. I don't care how many people are coming, if Grope backs out again (which I don't hope), but we should make it happen. All I can say is that Scope from Cologne (he hasn't been here for a long time, but I will see him on the weekend) is still up for it and we could arrange at least a bbq, a party at night and some recordshop trips. Don't know about overnight stays and all that though...

peace,

s. dojah

moodswings are

but I'll stick with it this time. I don't know if I can go though. I'm a very busy man, ya heard?

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    Servus!
    I'm still down with that idea. If i have the time, i'll definately come.
    what about some james-last-frisbee games?

• macksteezmacksteez 68 Posts

Want something from me? Bring it to this lurker then!!

I wanted to go but got scared with all them rules (no Rap)
    So I've got this image that it would become a Secret Strut meet or something

Still interested

Some things about me
    Got no records. At least got no raers etc.
    Do not Dj
    Doesn't produce
    I'm just an average cat

PS.
    Fukk a schnitzzzel!
    Give me a Berehap and I'm Straight

Triple X baby!!

• see, there are NO Europeans on this board who post. where are thou?

Well I was born and raised in the UK but I am not no GAY ASS EUROPEAN !!!!

I said before that I really want to come to this. I have no excuse like the atlantic ocean or lack of funds to prvent me etc.

Is this first weekend in august concrete??? I can sort a hotel or summit, I can bring some funky shite to DJ with as well, I ain't eating no frankfurters, schnitzel or sauerkraut though.

Beginning of August, first weekend, city of cologne! BBQ, Records, and Party with the Disco Diamant Sound from fellow Strutter Scope. After that road trips with Grope to the Frankfurt area and/or everything else!

peace,

sticky dojah

make it happen for gawds sake!

I'm just an average cat

same here, but probably more medium rare

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

• not long to the "first weekend in August".

Is this still happening yay or nay?

still say yay...cologne heads, where r u? speak up...grope?

• remind me, what's the general itenary so far?

• still say yay...cologne heads, where r u? speak up...grope?

I need to know so I can get my official "2006 Euro( ) Soulstrut Meet Up" T shirt printed up in time

• SoulificSoulific 103 Posts
    I need to know the exact date too. I really like to come but I have to make shure that I don't have to work on that certain weekend.
    And I'll bring meikel neit with me and maybe some other soulfunk vinyl enthausiasts.
    Even have spoken to other heads around germany who seemd pretty interested in meeting, trading, bbq-ing, listening etc.
    Hope to hear from you soon.