Wu Tang Clan-36 Chambers LP

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
was/is there a reissue of this? if so..is there a way to distinguish the og from it?

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    it never went out of print, and they all look the same I think

• ok thanks

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts
    As he said they never went out of print, the only different one
    I've found is a 180 gram edition.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

For the wu-tang audiophiles??

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    a while ago i heard talk about a re-mastered CD coming out. anyone know if that will ever happen...not that it's really needed.

Perhaps the most atrocious 180 gram audiophile issues I've ever heard of are the first couple BLUE CHEER albums...

a while ago i heard talk about a re-mastered CD coming out. anyone know if that will ever happen...not that it's really needed.

Jeez, surprised they haven't tried remarketing that album yet, what with all the other big '10th anniversary editions' we've seen... no doubt there will eventually be a double CD version or whatever...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    As someone said, it's always been in print. However, LOUD was distributed by RCA, and then LOUD went to Sony (before Sony merged with BMG), and I'm not sure Sony would go out of their way to do another pressing.

I don't think that scratch in "7th Chamber" has ever been fixed.

Other than the 180g pressing (which of course would be easier to detect), that's it.

• i was at half price the other day looking thru their "rap" cdeez and saw 36 chambers, it said it had been remastered with 2 bonus tracks, i looked at the tracklisting and it was the same as it always been.

end of my story.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

hell yea dude. for Rza's use of melancholy strings and piano.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    i was at half price the other day looking thru their "rap" cdeez and saw 36 chambers, it said it had been remastered with 2 bonus tracks, i looked at the tracklisting and it was the same as it always been.

end of my story.

I met RZA at SXSW in '94 (he was there with the Gravediggaz) and he told me that they were gonna remaster "36 Chambers" 'cause they weren't happy with the way it was originally mastered. I guess that's the CD you saw?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    i was at half price the other day looking thru their "rap" cdeez and saw 36 chambers, it said it had been remastered with 2 bonus tracks, i looked at the tracklisting and it was the same as it always been.

end of my story.

I met RZA at SXSW in '94 (he was there with the Gravediggaz) and he told me that they were gonna remaster "36 Chambers" 'cause they weren't happy with the way it was originally mastered. I guess that's the CD you saw?

He mentioned that in a few interviews too, but the remastered CD was supposed to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the album (November 11, 2003). It was supposed to feature all new, updated mixes of the song, so that it would sound more Bobby Digital than "Miracle On Dirty-4 Beats". The album, as is, wasn't going to have anything added to it, it was to have an updated mix so it would sound clearer and not so much like a demo (which was part of its appeal).

There was also rumors of a second disc, which may or may have had remixes, unreleased tracks, and unedited versions of songs that were heavily edited into what became the album. I wanted to hear the full "Blowing Up The Spot" but I think The RZA started doing more soundtrack work, so I think the remastered project is definitely off the chart for the time being.