those old sesame street inbetween cartoons...

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
man, seriously, this was the only part of sesame street i liked, you know, all those little videos inbetween the boring live action parts? the obvious choice is the pinball countdown with the fucking amazing anaimation/music, but there were lots of other goodies...im trying to find more online but its kinda tough, is there like an archive of these or a dvd or anything yet? ive said it before, but i always wanted noggin to make a show that was JUST these...id sit and watch it for hours probably.anyway, heres some good ones i found so far:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMDkVV8xU08&search=sesame%20streeti dont really remember this one much but the music is great!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_InFRdJGHFk&search=sesame%20street%20cartoonthis music is kinda cool too...reminds me of some acoustic ultimate spinach shit or somethingALSOme and my sister were trying to remember desperately what it was called, and i figured it out eventually, but who remembers...teeny little super guy!this was probably the most memorable of the animated parts of the show...http://www.youtube.com/results?search=teeny+little+super+guy&search_type=search_videos&search=Searchits funny, basically if you watched the show anywhere from the early70s till the early 90s, you can reminisce about the same cartoons since they kept on running them for years....

Comments

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Nice! I don really know the first two but Tiny Super Guy! Hell Yeah! I'm a big fan for the second video for obvious reasons. I was probably super stoked on that one as a kid. Thanks!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Ako, we gotta find the one with the orange balls that go thru the huge metal track system in the bid room with dark background. It was like an erector set on steroids and the balls went thru a sort of combo between mouse trap game and a rollercoaster. very hard to describe but visually amazing. and i think it had great music. anyone remember this one?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Ako, we gotta find the one with the orange balls that go thru the huge metal track system in the bid room with dark background. It was like an erector set on steroids and the balls went thru a sort of combo between mouse trap game and a rollercoaster. very hard to describe but visually amazing. and i think it had great music. anyone remember this one?

!! my sister was trying to describe this very same thing to me last night. im sure its out there somewhere...

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I'd like to see this werid cartoon with a kaleidoscope & there was this crazy Opera-style music playing, with some woman yelling: "Weooo! Weooo! Weooo! Wah! Wah! Wah!"

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    My favorite as a kid... the classic Sesame Street Number Song:

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    yeah, thats the obvious choice...so good

Anyone remember "Pinwheel?"

I'm sure everybody has seen this, but this is why youtube is so great:

• HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts
    Yo I'm smellin you on that one, no idea on the title but cool video.

ANyone have any idea how these were animated( the moving pottery stuff)

early claymation?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I like the one with the kid going to get a quart of milk, a loaf of bread, and a stick of butter. That ones fucking bugged.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I'm having flashbacks right now. I love this shit.

I had forgotten all about Pinwheel yet I started reciting the intro before the clip started.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    I like the one with the kid going to get a quart of milk, a loaf of bread, and a stick of butter. That ones fucking bugged.

totally!!! i remember we used to make fun of it when i was a little too old for s.street, going "quart of bread, stick of milk, loaf of butter..."

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

OHHH SHIT!

im having flashbacks.

Good ole Sesame Street made it all the way to New Zealand and i am truly fucking grateful that it did.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm sure everybody has seen this, but this is why youtube is so great:

Ray Parker Jr. on Guitar

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    watch the kid on the balcony in the vid above. Rockin'

Ako, Teeny Little Super Guy was my avatar for about a year.

"Can't judge a hero by his size, he's just a teeny lil' super guy."

Does anyone remember the Capitol I cartoon. "Standing all alone" w/ lil' nomes washing it like you would a window.

What about lowercase n, alone on the hill. That made my sister cry.

What about the one where, to not get lost, the kid would remember the landmarks he passed to get home. Some wierd dude would morph into all the things he passed as he said them. TOTALLY PSYCHADELIC. Wierd shit. Then the morphing dude disappears. Kinda creeped me out. Wierd dude had a yoyo.

How about "WI-wiw-wi-Wilamina" "I remember, I remember, a loaf a bread, a container a milk, and a stick a butter." Oh shit, didn't see the privious mention of this in the thread. But she kept messing it up in the clip. saying "loaf of milk" and shit.

The typewriter was pretty cool.

Don Music rocked, but they took him off because kids would play the piano with their head.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    watch the kid on the balcony in the vid above

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    a quart of milk, a loaf of bread, and a stick of butter

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    On a related note, anyone ever seen Jim Henson's short film "Timepiece" from 1965?

http://youtube.com/results?search=jim+henson+timepiece&search_type=search_videos

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    extended pinball sequence...who is playing sax in this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi1TySrHjUU&search=sesame%20street%20cartoon%20pinball

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    What about the one where, to not get lost, the kid would remember the landmarks he passed to get home. Some wierd dude would morph into all the things he passed as he said them. TOTALLY PSYCHADELIC. Wierd shit. Then the morphing dude disappears. Kinda creeped me out. Wierd dude had a yoyo.

As I have gotten older I have never been able to forget this....I distinctly remember something about the music but I cannot remember what...I would love to find this one again

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

As I have gotten older I have never been able to forget this....I distinctly remember something about the music but I cannot remember what...I would love to find this one again

Man, that one takes me back.

I also liked the, "Plants Need Water, Man," cartoon where they were trying to get the monster plant to grow.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    not sesame street but it seems to suit this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZRGEYcHMvk&search=psychedelic%20cartoon

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    Who else used to watch this when they were a kid?

Who else used to watch this when they were a kid?

I swear the brother's voice sounds just like FAT ALBERT'S voice when they would sing their song.

he also sounds like the cat who sings the blues song in the WATTSTAX movie. What's his name.
    The fat dude w/ the guitar ?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I swear the brother's voice sounds just like FAT ALBERT'S voice when they would sing their song.

Now THIS I can accept, but...

he also sounds like the cat who sings the blues song in the WATTSTAX movie. What's his name.
    The fat dude w/ the guitar ?

...he'd have to age twenty years and deepen his voice before he starts sounding like Albert King.

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    i remember all this shit, but who remembers "star blazers"? japanese cartoon about a world war II battleship ressurected to become a shaceship fighting alien wars in the future. on at the crack of dawn but i used to get up at 5 or 6 am just to watch this shit as a kid. maybe the best cartoon ever. no one my age seems to remember it except for a few friends also from the NY area. maybe it was a local thing? you can find it on youtube but the site is down right now otherwise i'd post the intro. anyone else remember this? shit was the fucking shit.

• Might be a lil off subject here but-The Electric Company just came out on DVD a couple months back-I use this stuff all the time for my radio show-the music in it is incredible.

The George Clintonesque wiz figure that would take the lil bro on a "trip". This was extra fonky.
    I'm gonna go to the Television Museum and see if it's in their archives.

I just copped this recently, and havent gotten through the whole package. So far Ive seen the first episode which is in '69. The ultrafonky shit is probably later on i hope. I thinks its a comp of their favorite episodes of the early era, not an all-encompassing episode selection.

One nugget on the DVD was Lou Rawls singin' the ABC's his way. He and Jackie Robinson both say "aRah".